Please thouroghly read the fallowing

I conside myself rather fairly apt in the Windows networking department, but XP has me stumped. I run XP in both Pro and Home flavors, and both have the same problem. It seem as though the entire networking kernal has been removed. I dont know if this is the case, but it seems to be. Consider the fallowing...

I upgraded from a Peer to Peer networking running 98se on all the boxes. The set up was a netgear hub fed by a RCA cable modem. All the PC's were connected to the hub via normal RJ45 connections, etc, etc. Each computer had its own DIRECT CONNECTION to the net via the hub, I do not use an internal proxy or residential gateway (I know its not a preferably secure method, but that is intentional). With that in mind I had dual TCP/IP protocals bound to each NIC in each PC. One for the @Home connection required by ATT, and another for my internal network.
Now under 98 this set up worked fine, but XP has givin me a headach trying to figure out some kind of configuration, Thus far I have been able to connect to either the @Home network (DHCP assigned IP} or my internal (manualy assigned IP), but not both at the same time. Yes I have tried IPX for F.P. sharing, but alas, XP does not support IPX, or NETbui for that matter.
If this makes any sense to anyone, and you can think of a configuration that may work, please let me know. In regards to this problem I would not reccomend XP to any wanting to do advanced networking. Try RedHat .Thanx...