View Poll Results: Should AV software detect FBI's Key logger software?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 81.82%
  • No

0 0%
  • Undecieded

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheerleaders...useless or nessesary for a functional society?

Cheerleaders...useless or nessesary for a functional society?

Yes, this poll has absolutely nothing to do with security, but I figured I would ask you at AntiOnline of your opinion...
    (---The Question Is: Are Cheerleaders Nessesary Members to Our Society?---)
    Please, do not censor yourselves. If any of you just happen to:
    a.) Be a cheerleader, or
    b.) Date a Cheerleader,
    do tell of their role and also of their importance in our fragile society. And do be honest.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

I feel that cheerleaders have no purpose in today's society other than to tease and enrage people like me. I get dragged to pep-assemblies so I can be around people hate, "support" a team I hate, and worst of all, listen to the eardrum-popping squeals of a bunch of girls I hate. Then again, I guess they do have a purpose. They keep most of the people I hate away from me, as everybody is out trying to get between their legs. The only time I HAVE to put up with them is pep assemblies or game days. I still hate them, though. Looking at a cheerleader is like looking at the cooking channel. You really want to eat it, but you know you can't, and it would probably make you sick.

I think their primary function is to keep the jocks happy. After all, they have to be motivated to play well, and have to be happy to be motivated. So how do you make them happy? Give them a cheerleader to screw! Of course, they won't be so happy the next day when they wake up with gonohhrea. Those cheerleaders get around!

stflook I totatly agree. I'm no longer in the shackled world of highschool life, but I felt your pain. I hated assemblies, and most of all the people that got into them. Thank god I graduated.

I agree too...I'm still a sophmore in highschool
    There's only one cheerleader that I'm friends with, and that's only because she used to go out w/ one of my friend's friend. Kinda odd, but there you have it...
    I want you to know that our friendship means a lot to me. You cry...I cry. You laugh...I laugh. You jump out of a window...I look down...then I laugh again.

I'm a junior, and I hang out with the group of kids that everybody thinks is going to shoot up the school. Psychosquee will back me up on that one. Everybody's reaction to the Columbine incident has done a big disservice to people like me. I have never been friends with any of the cheerleaders, and never plan to be. I don't like any of them.

(--Reply to Question: Cheerleaders...useless or nessesary for a functional society?--

I do back stflook on this subject. I frankly despise them for what they do currently, and what they personally have done to me in the past and later deny it. I remember in 9th grade, I was looking for some exam notes, and one of the little bitches called me a trashpicker! I was pissed, and the only reason I didn't stuff her into a garbage can was because she was around all of her little boyfriends, and obviously knew that if I touched her, they would pummel me into a lifeless corpse (lately, that wouldn't be a bad idea). I hate the assemblies, to which they have this reply, "You don't have to go to them!" The truth is, we do. I am thinking about one time just sitting one out in a nearby bathroom which, although they don't smell the greatest (most of the time they smell like someone pissed all over the place) they would still be more enjoyable than sitting through one of those sessions of propoganda (they use tactics that are somewhat similar to the tactics used by the Nazis and later the Soviet Communists...scarrry!)... and maybe stflook should do the same thing, except for maybe a different bathroom... may I sugges the one near your locker...super convienient!
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Originally posted by stflook
    I'm a junior, and I hang out with the group of kids that everybody thinks is going to shoot up the school. Psychosquee will back me up on that one. Everybody's reaction to the Columbine incident has done a big disservice to people like me. I have never been friends with any of the cheerleaders, and never plan to be. I don't like any of them.
    This isn't intended as a personal attack or anything... But have you ever considered that the Cheerleader-stereotype could be just as damaging to individuals as the whole Columbine-trenchoat-stuffed-with-projectile-weaponry-person stereotype?

Also, if you don't like any of them... to some extent (not entirely, of course) that is a choice that people make, not to like people. I guess I'm trying to point out there are exceptions to every rule, and most of humanity has this tendency towards being very quick to place other people into predefined groups in their own mental filing system.

I spent most of my formative Elementary/Middle-school/High-school years overseas... I guess I just didn't (and still don't) quite subscribe to the popular "jocks + cheerleaders vs Real People" very much. I mean, in my old school, we had two twins who were male cheerleaders, in a way. I never quite figured it out. But they sometimes participated in the gymnastical part of it. It was pretty funny, in a way. (And no, I didn't know them personally.)

I think it was because we didn't have a football team. There isn't enough room in Hong Kong for most schools to their own football field-size turfy area...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

-

they are needed to ask the stupid questions in pych class to keep the teacher away from u while u sleep

Originally posted by Terr

This isn't intended as a personal attack or anything... But have you ever considered that the Cheerleader-stereotype could be just as damaging to individuals as the whole Columbine-trenchoat-stuffed-with-projectile-weaponry-person stereotype?

Also, if you don't like any of them... to some extent (not entirely, of course) that is a choice that people make, not to like people. I guess I'm trying to point out there are exceptions to every rule, and most of humanity has this tendency towards being very quick to place other people into predefined groups in their own mental filing system.

I spent most of my formative Elementary/Middle-school/High-school years overseas... I guess I just didn't (and still don't) quite subscribe to the popular "jocks + cheerleaders vs Real People" very much. I mean, in my old school, we had two twins who were male cheerleaders, in a way. I never quite figured it out. But they sometimes participated in the gymnastical part of it. It was pretty funny, in a way. (And no, I didn't know them personally.)

I think it was because we didn't have a football team. There isn't enough room in Hong Kong for most schools to their own football field-size turfy area...
    Actually, I didn't. I still fail to see how one of the "popular" stereotypes is damaging. You can feel differently if you want, but that is how I feel. One reason you may not buy into the whole "jocks and cheerleaders vs. real people" thing is the fact that you were in Hong Kong. Maybe I'm wrong, though. I know things are different, but I don't know exactly in what way. Things could be better there, but then again, they could be worse. I just don't know. I know there are exceptions to every rule. Some of the cheerleaders aren't (too) bad, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. The same applies to the jocks too. There are a couple of them that aren't that bad. One of them is my friend, in fact, but he is not like the other jocks. Actually, the rest of the jocks don't think too highly of him. Thus, my group has taken him in. In truth, he is just a reject who was lucky enough to make either the second or third string of the team. I don't know which, as I don't pay attention to hit-each-other-really-hard-for-the-fun-of-itball. I don't consider him a true jock, nor does he.

Psychosquee: If you want to skip the next pep assembly, let me know, and I will too. I just have to get out of band (yea, I'm REAL cool). It shouldn't be too hard though. The bathroom near my locker may be convenient, but usually smells worse than the freshman bathroom. Besides, if we hide in different bathrooms, we can't talk about how much we hate the rest of the general student body. I suggest you go to the band room on the way there. I will have to be there anyway, so I could just lag behind and wait for you. From there, we can use the rear entrances to the stage. It has more room than the bathroom stalls, and the 4 or 5 layers of curtains are pretty heavy, and should muffle us as long as we talk relatively quietly. That way, we could also sneak back into the general student body without suspicion, as we can just come from the band room. Sound like a plan?

Well, I'm afraid I have to disagree for the most part with everyone here except for Terr. Now, I should explain that the standards are a little different for me, and I may be biased. For starters, it's been 4 years since I was in high school, so my perspectives have changed some. Also, I went to a high school with a total student body of about 300, and my graduating class was 65, so everybody knew everybody. And lastly, I do have to admit that I dated 2 of my high school's cheerleaders...not the most poplular cheeleaders, but cheerleaders all the same.

For the most part the cheerleaders at my high school were the same as everyone else. Sure, all the "popular" girls thought they should be cheerleaders, but at a school my size, almost anyone could get in. As a matter of fact, some of the most intelligent girls in the school were cheerleaders.

One last thought: I spent a couple of years going to Michigan State, and knew a couple of cheerleaders there as well. They were pretty darn nice, too...and, of course, good looking. On the other hand, I think all the rules kind of change when you get to college, especially one as large as MSU (student population: 40,000). As to whether or not they're important: no, probably not, but that could be said of a lot of things in our society. Anyway, that's my $0.02...
    Some people have a way with words, while others...erm...thingy.