View Poll Results: Should AV software detect FBI's Key logger software?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 81.82%
  • No

0 0%
  • Undecieded

2 18.18%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheerleaders...useless or nessesary for a functional society?

I gotta agree with Terr. Yes, a lot of cheerleaders can be stuck up bitches but in my high school the most 'popular' girls aren't cheerleaders. All the 'popular' girls do is **** the 'popular' guys on the football team. The cheerleaders are mostly annoying non-popular people.

Besides, I dated a cheerleader last year. She was nice, smart, and not a slut.

A final question...how do people get the right to become popular? They've always seemed like snobby *******s and I've never wanted to be one of them.
    Why am I still here?

To answer your question, cheerleaders have absolutely no purpose in society. I suppose everyone has to do something, right?
    We Know Who You Are.....

My two cents

I think it's time I put in my two cents.

Background: I was a definately a geek during junior high and high school. I played Magic the Gathering, I played saxophone in the band, I hacked my schools computer and changed the administrators password for fun (and did some other stuff, got caught, then got banned from the computers), I played computer games, I programmed my own BBS and bashed other peoples BBS' all the time. But worst of all for the popular kids in my school, I did well in class and did not have to try to get A's.

On the other hand, I was (still am) a big jock too. I won medals in soccer, badminton, wrestling (actually ranked 3rd in canada for my age/weight category at one time), cross country running, baseball, swimming and many other sports.

What this allowed me to do is be friends with the geeks (who I considered myself one of and they were the best companions anyways for intelligent conversation) but I also got respect from the jocks (though I was never as big as them). There were always a few who didn't like me but I could deal with it.

As far as cheerleaders go, they do have a place in society (as Terr said). They are there to cheer you up at your pep rally, to yell praise for your school during sporting events. I have met many cheerleaders who turned out to be very nice, smart yet beautiful girls. They disliked the stereotype but could do nothing about it. We are all categorized by our peers and these girls are victims of the same thing we ourselves are victims of.

I'll tell you my piece of advice - get good marks and go to university. All those people that make fun of you and dislike you because you are a so called 'geek' will be gone (they'll fail out)!!! It's like a breath of fresh air. All of a sudden people are allowed to have their own personalities, wear clothes that they like and no longer are there any jocks (except for the varsity atheletes of course) or geeks (except for the engineers, like me j/k), you are just students. Highschool sucks. University rocks! Don't worry about what others think of you, just as long as your are happy with yourself.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Agree or dissagree, it's your choice.
    - Stronzo

\"Vini, Vici, Vidi\"
    I came, I saw, I conquered.
    - Julius Caesar

And just imagine high school if everyone walked around drugged into submission, dressed in identical outfits, and blindfolded.

Which is better, do you think?

The social system that you live in creates your views, until you have the strength to break those, and make your own.

Ever seen "The Breakfast Club"?
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Originally posted by Stronzo
    I think it's time I put in my two cents.

Background: I was a definately a geek during junior high and high school. I played Magic the Gathering, I played saxophone in the band, I hacked my schools computer and changed the administrators password for fun (and did some other stuff, got caught, then got banned from the computers), I played computer games, I programmed my own BBS and bashed other peoples BBS' all the time. But worst of all for the popular kids in my school, I did well in class and did not have to try to get A's.

On the other hand, I was (still am) a big jock too. I won medals in soccer, badminton, wrestling (actually ranked 3rd in canada for my age/weight category at one time), cross country running, baseball, swimming and many other sports.

What this allowed me to do is be friends with the geeks (who I considered myself one of and they were the best companions anyways for intelligent conversation) but I also got respect from the jocks (though I was never as big as them). There were always a few who didn't like me but I could deal with it.

As far as cheerleaders go, they do have a place in society (as Terr said). They are there to cheer you up at your pep rally, to yell praise for your school during sporting events. I have met many cheerleaders who turned out to be very nice, smart yet beautiful girls. They disliked the stereotype but could do nothing about it. We are all categorized by our peers and these girls are victims of the same thing we ourselves are victims of.

I'll tell you my piece of advice - get good marks and go to university. All those people that make fun of you and dislike you because you are a so called 'geek' will be gone (they'll fail out)!!! It's like a breath of fresh air. All of a sudden people are allowed to have their own personalities, wear clothes that they like and no longer are there any jocks (except for the varsity atheletes of course) or geeks (except for the engineers, like me j/k), you are just students. Highschool sucks. University rocks! Don't worry about what others think of you, just as long as your are happy with yourself.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Agree or dissagree, it's your choice.
    I can understand what you mean, but you must understand that where psychosquee and I come from, almost all of the cheerleaders are a bunch of stuck-up, preppy little snobs that think they're too good for everybody and everything. They refuse, and I mean REFUSE to go anywhere near people like me and psychosquee unless they need something, usually a writing utensil or a few brain cells. What's really odd is that we come from a small school. I know this is atypical for small schools. It really is a downer, as there is no way to get away from these people, seeing as it is such a small school. Believe me, we would just avoid them and forget about it if we could, but we can't. I hate them......I friggin' HATE them.

I must say, though, that I REALLY enjoy "The Severe Beating of a High School Cheerleader" by Adam Sandler.

Let me clarify while it's on my mind that I do not hate all jocks and cheerleaders. I just hate the ones that let it go to their head, and make life miserable for everybody else. I understand that there are jocks that are in it for the game, and not the ego trip. I have nothing against them. The same applies to cheerleaders. I know that there are cheerleaders that cheer just because they like it and nothing else. While extremely annoying at the pep assemblies, I have no personal problems with them.

There are some bad cheerleaders and some good cheerleaders. A person can not judge a cheerleader by its cheerleader sterotype craps. I judge a cheerleader by her intelligent. I know some cheerleaders who seem nice and cool to me. One time, I bought a 2600 magazine to read because I was ahead of the class at the time so I didn't have to do much work at all. A cheerleader who sits by me asked me to see the 2600 magazine. I gave it to her and surprisely she asked me alot of intelligent questions about hacking and phreaking instead of asking me some ignorance stupid questions.

The only downside experience with cheerleaders was one time, I wore a black trenchcoat to school(wore it before it Columbine happened) and some cheerleaders by my locker were giving me a strange stare. Later somehow, my friend heard that I was most feared person in my school because of gossips spreaded out by cheerleaders. They claimed I have a nazi symbol in my locker(I'm asian! Jeez....), violent pictures, etc... Lucky, that rumor died quickly. But I wouldn't worry about cheerleaders now. They will all grow up sometime and they won't be with me after I graduate(that's a relief...). Beside life's too short be pissed off at cheerleaders.
    Knowledge is Power.

Originally posted by stflook
    I can understand what you mean, but you must understand that where psychosquee and I come from, almost all of the cheerleaders are a bunch of stuck-up, preppy little snobs that think they're too good for everybody and everything.
    I totally agree with you on that one. Like I said, just wait till you get to university or college and all those losers are gone. For now, just be happy to know that they probably will end up pumping gas for a living. But don't rub it in their face cuz that would make you as bad as them.
    - Stronzo

\"Vini, Vici, Vidi\"
    I came, I saw, I conquered.
    - Julius Caesar

Personally,

I like cheerleaders. I think they are great. I guess a lot of people have sexual pent up frustration because of cheerleaders, but that is to be understood. I despise people who can't show school spirit, and have to hate everyone hide in the corners or wear all black 24/7. Everyone takes a stereotype on whatever you are in highschool, whether you are the drooling dweeb or the King of Prom. I hate to see everyone so unadjusted and think when I get to the working world things will be better. Grow up, there will always be social cliches and you need to figure out why they are there and how to get in if need be. There will always be stupid bosses that make more money then you, the ugly guy who gets all the hotties, the hotties that date all the jerks, and the guy sittin in the corner wanking off.

Its life...move on..
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Post Cheerleaders useful?

Well looks like I picked a fine topic for my first post ever.

I wouldn't be so quick to classify cheerleaders as being so 2-demensional. Even though I wasn't paticularly fond of any of the young ladies (but I have to respect the guy who had the guts to do it) on the squad I still wouldn't say that it was because of the fact that they were cheerleaders. **** what am I saying I hated them all. They were a bunch of stuck up bitches who insisted on paying attention to my friends and I only to look down their noses at us. In my opinion cheerleading is a lame excuse for football groopies.

-Athiestpotato

P.S. To all you cheerleaders out there with love
    I will not let my dreams be crushed. I want an
    orchestral accompaniment to everything I do. I want Beethoven to roar out of unseen speakers when I drive down the hiwhway at ninty
    miles an hour, or when I make love. I want fame. I want to be noticed. I want to stand out,
    dammnit. I want to stand out from the crawling masses. And merely by thinking this way, I do.

I hate to see everyone so unadjusted and think when I get to the working world things will be better. Grow up, there will always be social cliches and you need to figure out why they are there and how to get in if need be.
    Having been through high-school, college and several years in the business world I can tell you there are NOT social clichés like those in high-school anywhere in the world except high-school.

I enjoy working, there is only one person I don't get along with in the entire company (maybe a few obnoxious engineers I have to manage, but they're good people). While I had friends in high school, I did not get along with a very large portion of the student body. I don't still dislike any of them, I just hope they've matured as much as I have since those days.