Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Netscape 6.2

Why Netscape 6.2

Now, you have no reason not to use NETSCAPE 6.2 unless you have a old system.

Now, this version is much faster and more stable than ever. When a plug-in produces a error or somthing like an illegeal operation, the browser doesn't just crash, instead, it tells you that the plug-in had an illgeal operation.

It is now faster than IE 6 and faster then Netscape 4.7. (even with the cache disabled in this version) Also, now, it remembers your password for you and automatically fills the stuff in (instantly, while IE needs you to tell it to), but of course, those informations are encrypted and secured by a password...

I don't agree. I can't stand the interface, old or new, and I hate its way of reading HTML code. If you want a good browser, get Opera. They're touted as the world's fastest browser (true of not, I don't know, but it's pretty fast for me), and its way of reading HTML is closer to IE than Netscape. I also find the interface more tolerable than Netscape. I don't know why, but all the "cutesie" graphic buttons in Netscape irritate me.

Why are you bragging so much about Netscape 6.2. It sounds like your trying to sell something.

"it remembers your password for you and automatically fills the stuff in (instantly, while IE needs you to tell it to), but of course, those informations are encrypted and secured by a password..."

A password to remember another password? hmmmm...

There's just something about the way you write your reviews that's a little creepy. It's sort of the feeling that you're trying to leave no room for argument with your opinions.

Your only use for netscape should be to go to www.opera.com and download Opera.
    Why am I still here?

Opera...

Opera is good. I like it. However, if you are running *nix, X, and Gnome, try Galeon. It's pretty fast, and I like it better than both Netscape and Opera. Just my two cents.

Happy Hacking
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

Saddly, Opera isn't that stable for me. It can't seem to run the Java Plug-in properly and it isn't the fastest browser. Maybe on some systems.... but not mine.

Um.... also, password feature is more like a login system. Just type in the password once, and you'll be able to tell it to remember or fill in the password for you (don't need to type in the password everytime)

Also, Opera's interface is quite confusing and espically that ICQ system builded into it, that thing sucks. However, I admit that Opera is great and fast for view stardard HTML pages, but never Flash contents. When it comes to flash contents, it actually takes up more of your system's resources than any other browser.....

Red face Re: Why Netscape 6.2

Originally posted by lawrence171
    Now, you have no reason not to use NETSCAPE 6.2 unless you have a old system.
    I do have a reason for not using Netscape...It's called "freedom of choice".....

Netscape lost me with the release of their "6" browsers..Way too big and memory consuming. This resulted in slower browsing speeds and constant "lock ups".......In my opinion Netscape lost their individuality trying to compete with Micro$oft and just ended up as another IE clone....

I wont rave on about Opera anymore (I'd just be repeating what others have said) but I think it's THE best browser out there at the moment...

Do tell, how is Opera's interface confusing? I like it better than Netscape's, as it doesn't have all the crap you don't need. Opera is a great "cut the crap" browser, as compared to Netscape, which forces all kinds of garbage on you that you don't need.

Most browsers suck in one way or another. I really don't like IE but I would have to admit that is works quite well. Mozilla has always had issues, Netscape has always been a problem child and I really don't like the interface as others have mentioned (ditto to mozilla). Opera is alright but I don't like that a pay version is required to get rid of that stupid banner (may have changed by now). Galeon is the best for *nix users, but there again it is dependent on Mozilla which is lame.

Someday, maybe when we are old men, there will be a browser that doesn't suck.

As for Netscape 6.2 I will have to hear a lot of good things about it before I waste any bandwith on it.

If only lynx could display images

Hi mom!

Wink

If only lynx could display images
    ... we'd probably find some way to complain about that too ;)