Thread: I can't delete files someone uploaded to our FTP site

Post I can't delete files someone uploaded to our FTP site

Hi,

Someone has hacked into our FTP site (Windows 2000) and uploaded hundreds of MB of game data onto it. I am not able to rename or delete the files. I get a file not found error, however I can see them in Windows Explorer and they are occupying disk space.

Is there a utility I can use to delete these files?

Thanks,

Brian

Re: I can't delete files someone uploaded to our FTP site

Originally posted by BPioreck
    Hi,

Someone has hacked into our FTP site (Windows 2000) and uploaded hundreds of MB of game data onto it. I am not able to rename or delete the files. I get a file not found error, however I can see them in Windows Explorer and they are occupying disk space.

Is there a utility I can use to delete these files?

Chances are good that they're using nonstandard filenames. Try just opening your command prompt, getting to the directory where everything is stored and just doing a del *.* to remove them. In some cases this may not work, but if not, just simply delete the parent folder (after copying out anything you need).
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Unfortunately, its usually more complicated than that - have a look here - http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=126289

Banned

hehe

after u fix that problem work on making it hack proof lol

Pete, I was just giving him the first step, in a long series. I'm well aware it can get a hell of a lot more complicated.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. You were both right. Some files I could delete from a command prompt. Others, I couldn't even open the directory. So I have more work to do. And yes, I need to make the site hack proof. I've been reading the tutorials.

Thanks again,

Brian