Thread: Need Help

Need Help

Friend and I are part of our school tech department and we have a bet with the head tech that we could get access to the server and have the access to do anything but all we want to do is for the server to log that we where there and had access. Is this poosible and if it is how would we go about it?

Anything is posable

Just have the admin. of the server install a intrusion dection program or something that keeps a log of log in attempts.

Remote_Access_

Re: Need Help

Originally posted by coolroy05
    bet with the head tech that we could get access to the server and have the access to do anything
    If you can get access so that you can do anything... Is this NT? *nix? Just plop a few little 'We were here' text files in some sensitive directories, maybe change a logon-banner...

I mean, if you are able to hold up your side of the bet, just MAKE the logs! :P
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned

hmmm

i see a how do i hack in disguise lol dude if your part of th tech department u should know what to do or how did you get that job .......?

I think you just planted sub 7 or some other backdoor.
    If your the tech dept. why are you asking us if we should be asking you?

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Where's my BOFH (Simon, you're a true god) tech-test...you know...the 'The door's over there **ZAP**' one...

Just because they work in tech support doesn't mean they have any clue. Just call MS or AOL or any other "tier 1" support line.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

i don't think your in any bodys tech dept. you just want to hack a server....good try though
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”