View Poll Results: Do you want to be able to change your nickname?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 29.41%
  • bawling No

12 70.59%

Thread: Linux Poll

Linux Poll

This poll is on what a newbie(Me) wanting to get into Linux, should read on, choose, iv heard many things, Suse,Redhat,Mandrake, really have no knowledge of these.

bassic
    bassic-(Basic) Big Time Newbie.

My vote is going to have to be Mandrake, they are all the same really, but the install and some of the GUI config menus provided by Mandrake are a little easier for newbies.

Have fun.

I would have to go for SuSE!

Have a lot of fun!

My vote is going to Suse.

Have fun!

I am a complete newbie to Linux, but I have just acquired Redhat 7.1. I am pleased with it's ease of use ( some things are a little tricky ) and with a little reading and retention on your part it should be no problem to use.
    We Know Who You Are.....

Talking Newbie Distro

I started on Mandrake 7, it's quite good. I now use Mandrake 8.1 for graphics and games because it's a well finished product that's easy to use and looks dead prety.

Once youve learnt one distro (Mandrake easy, SuSe comes with some Loki games I think) have a look at Slackware, it is much leaner and has a more BSD feel to it.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I am a newbie at Linux and Red Hat 7.2 made it really easy. Its got a nice GUI so if you can't do anything manually at first, it makes it pretty easy.