Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water cooling your CPU

hmmm

Isnt there a liquid cooling fluid that will not short electronic.. hense. electricity will not go through.. and wont rust?
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Cool

yeah... there is.. though i just dont remember what its called.. coz i have 4 friends who are bloody over-clockers.. loves to over clock their cpu.. and i remember them talking about some cooler which uses a liquid matterial that stays cool all the time to keep it cold..

Being a former car stereo installer, I have all sorts of ideas for cooling of the CPU. We designed a few custom cooling systems for amplifiers. One was a water cooled system, another used antifreeze to keep the insides cool. We never had problems with leaks. My favorite was a sort of cold air induction that had like a mini air conditioner and a fans that pushed in the cold air, and piped out the warm air. The problem with this was that moisture would build up because of the air conditioning unit.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

yes there a liquid cooling fluid that won't short it out its called liquid nitrogen. the are bloody expensive too

larryjs
    Like we really need more cpu speed at this point. We can't write code for what we have now. I guess those that do it do it for the novelity of the idea and the challenge.

An alternative to h2o cooloing that works quite well is a peltier. Run a google search on `peltier' and see if you like what you read. My cpu was hanging out around 37 degrees C, by just adding a peltier underneath my swiftech m462-a hsf, I have lowered the mean temp. to about 16-19 degrees C.

Arrow check it out.....

thanks for reading this everyone...and for your input and opinions...

my intention was to post this thread about case mods....but since i was writing a paper about water cooling a CPU [which happens to be considered a case mod], that came out as the thread title....

if you haven't checked out the case mods that have nothing to do with water cooling......check these out......some of these are absolutely fantastic!

http://www.bluesmoke.net/viewGallery.php?id=c25

http://www.bluesmoke.net/viewGallery.php?id=c32

they have 32 galleries there.....

try this: www.koolance.com

two ways I've run across, in pictures, are creating a sealed case where the fluid that circulates actually touches the cpu. The other is by having a heat sink and water cooling the heat sink itself. I would bet on the fermer having better poerformance.
    But then again, who cares, nasa?
    </peace>
    Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can\'t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.

Water cooling CPUs is an idea that has been used for some time. If you look at mainframes (IBM etc.), and various supercomputers (Cray etc.) several years back they all used water cooling in some form or another. Still used today for certain supercomputers because it does boost performance significantly. Effectively you are talking about overclocking in the region of 400%, because you can keep the chips cool enough, but on the other hand you are using chips that are designed to generate a lot of heat.
    Don't think I will try this out on my PC though