Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water cooling your CPU

Talking Water cooling your CPU

I did a forum search and found that there was little discusion about case mods....

the last one seemed to be posted in july:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ight=case+mods

Here is an amazing site with examples of literally 100's of case mods....it's really worth checking out...it's quite inspiring...

http://www.bluesmoke.net/viewGallery.php?id=case

and for the overclocking crowd...here is how to watercool your CPU....

http://www.overclockers.com/tips719/

has anyone done any case modding of their own?

Water-cooling your CPU? I don't think I like that idea too much. The idea of water being so close to the innards of my PC is more than I could stomach.

i know water near a 200 dollar cpu....thats enough to make anyone scared ...one little leak and there gos the computer ill stay with a lot of big ass fans for now

Yeah, must say I wouldn't like water all over the insides of my computers either!!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Post Water and CPU's...

Hah, imagine...with my younger generation of cousins running around sticking knives and pens into my CD Tray (I have like three of them...I use one...imagine that). I don't think that having my PC being toppled over a few times and for me only to find a puncture in the casing of my water cooler sending one of them to the hospital where I would be sued and put into jail for illegally having a water cooler in my CPU since a law passed just the other day required all had to be taken out and replaced with fans...Ah, ...anybody know a BestBuy/Electronics Boutique around the DC Metropolitin area?
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Overclocking, I still don't see what people like about it. It's risky, ****s up your system and for what? That little extra clock speed wich cannot make a diffrence but only for small calculations. One failure in your cooling system and your box is fried.

Cool

hmm the first time i read the topic "Water cooling your CPU" i had the "Wat da?!!" impression.. hahah

water and computer just dont mix.. and dun even try to figure out why.. haha

i lost tons of hardware coz of water accidents.. coz of my 5 yr old cousin..

even one time.. when i just bought a 256MB stick to add to my memory.. i placed the stick over my computer table while i opne my computer appart in the floor.. my lil cousin was around playin and while i was trying to pull the computer appart (not all) i suddenly heard a snap... when i looked around.. i saw the kid holding my 256MB stick and it was broken in half...

imagine how i felt at that moment.. hahah preety ****..

Exclamation

i wouldn't actually water cool my cpu either....but i found it interesting to read about it...
    i stumbled upon the concept when i was checking out the case mods and thought *holy s#!t! there are people that actually do this? I wonder HOW?* ...just thought i'd share it with AO...

Water coolinghas nothing to do with watre harming your CPU it's just that overclocking is useless.
    Expensive lasers used at huge raves etc are alsp watercooled.

Red face water cooling a CPU?

Hell.. i did it 1 time.. yes.. 1 time.. then i stopped...

we had an older Celeron 300A.. and we were running it at 650 ( 133 mhx clock speed) and we neded it cold.. so.. we used fans.. and it was sitting at 114 deg. F.... a lil too hot.. so we got the bright idea of taking a fish tank pump... and a tank full of ice.. and put it in the fridge... ran each end outta the fridge,.. placed on end on a pump.. one end on a metal coil of copper tube./.. and walla..

water cooling yur cpu...

danger.. do not do! bad.... lost celreon chip after the condensation overran the hot glued water proofing we set up inside the case around the chip..