Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what are neat windows tricks

for win95/98, go to system properties [windows key + pause/break is quickest] then performance, file system, and set it Typical Role to network server.. then OK all the way. it is supposed to perform a bit better, even if it is a desktop.
    \"If you wish to speak to technical support, please hang up now.\"

*click*

I tried setting performance to Network Server on my old system, but didn't notice too much of a difference. Only a few network-related errors from time to time, the problem mainly being that I wasn't on one...

Let's see, fun windows tricks. Sometimes when I'm bored I open the minesweeper ini file, I believe it's called winmine.ini (?), and change the score values to something really high, and replace Anonymous with my name, save it, then make the file read-only. Now you will always have the high score. Now if anyone else would ever plays minesweeper besides me....
    \"The problems we face cannot be solved by the minds that created them\" -Albert Einstein

Post negative antipoints?

Someone gave me negative antipoints for the post I made above, and insisted that I was flaming bizzybutlazy. READ MY POST. This is a quote from a site that has cool windows tricks. I dont see how anyone could see this as a flame. Before you give out negative antipoints READ THE POSTS!!!!!!
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Someone also gave me negative antipoints for the post I made above. I don't mind if someone gives me negative points aslong as the person giving it can be so honest to add a comment..

How can I as a rookie improve myself if I don't know what I have done wrong? Please everybody if you'll give negative antipoints add a comment so that everybody can improve their work !!

//micael

Arrow Neat windows tricks

I know this is an old topic but I fount some "useful" information on the subject. Click the link to view some neat tricks to do with windows. Most of them involve modifing the registry. Hope this helps.

Remote_Access_

I know a neat Windows 98 trick if your running it on a Novell 4.11 network.

Map a network share to your C drive... it makes everything go funny...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

larryjs
    This is a fun trick to play on your friend's
    close all programs and go to the desktop
    hit the printscrn buton
    open up "paint"
    hit conrol v save the image in a place you can find it
    now hide the taskbar and use the "image" of the desktop as your desktop background.

he can see all his icons and his taskbar but he can't make anything work...he'll reboot the box but it will come up the same way....caution:this can drive poeple out of their minds.

Originally posted by larryjs
    This is a fun trick to play on your friend's

close all programs and go to the desktop

hit the printscrn buton

open up "paint"

hit conrol v save the image in a place you can find it

now hide the taskbar and use the "image" of the desktop as your desktop background.

he can see all his icons and his taskbar but he can't make anything work...he'll reboot the box but it will come up the same way....caution:this can drive poeple out of their minds.
    I tried that on my brother one time. You should have been there for the screaming and swearing! I had to undo it when he started punching the thing...

Lightbulb A cool feature

Hit alt-f4 and it will check your email for you.

Re: to triedentrue

don't know what OS you're using but if you do that in the win 9X series it will close the program that you have selected and if you close all of the other programs it will close explorer (the one in the close program screen) and make your computer restart.
    G.G.