Hello Everyone…

I thought I’d post a tip on staying in touch with security issues…

I know like myself…almost everyone here is busy and it can be hard to keep up to date on the newest exploits and virii. So I’m going to share a tip that I use everyday to keep informed about security news.

I created a HTML page that uses frames, the page is divided into sections and each section loads headlines from several sites. For example, my page is divided into three columns; the first column loads the latest news, tools and advisories from Security Focus, and the latest files from Packet Storm. The middle column loads the latest vulnerability information from Security Tracker, and the latest website defacement information from Alldus. The last column loads the latest virus information from Trend Micro.

The page allows me to view most of latest security information at a glance, and prevents me from having to go to each site and find the information.

Another thing I do to keep up on Security Information is subscribe to mailing lists… Three of the more notable are BugTraq, Vuln-Dev, and Alldas. Between the three I can keep track of newly discovered vulnerabilities and watch for defacement trends. I usually make it a habit to save the emails for later inspection…I even created a little program that lists all the saved emails with links to the text files.

Just a little tip I thought someone might find useful