Thread: webSTAR4

Shmoo

webSTAR4

Has anone heard of a server called webSTAR4? And if so, could you post some details on it or anything you might have heard about it?

http://www.i2j.com/webstar/tech/4DDev/
    Is this what you are talking about?

Webstar is what they run on Macs as a webserver.

Originally posted by Focmaester
    Webstar is what they run on Macs as a webserver.
    I have managed a Macintosh network a couple of years ago and we did use WebStar 3 as webserver.

Today I guess most people in the Mac world have started to use MacOSX with Apache and WebObjects, but I am not aware of any usage statistics since it's a long time since I worked with Macintosh and I have no plans to convert back again :-).

Webstar is nice, and what I hear from security xperts and statistics is that there have been very litlle security problems over the years.

Hi Schmoo!

Good day to you! Yes, Webstar 4 is a web server for Mac. The version 4 was introduced on 1999. Right now, version 5 of it was released. According to some users, the Webstar is the most user friendly Mac web server available. It is the easiest to set-up, use, and administer. Moreover, you can download a trial version for both Webstar4 and 5. For further reference, you can download a pdf manual which is available on their site. There's also a comparison chart on the said site(www.webstar.com)

God Bless!

"I expect to pass through this life but once. Therefore, if there be any kindess I can show, or any good thing I can do for another human being, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."...William Penn