Thread: hypothetically

Talking hypothetically

If you were online (by utilizing the childrens dreamcast console) and your wife feeling Sorry....offers $1500.00 in january for a new system. what would you buy? sorry for the dysfunctional margin space

anyways.....

i know i want suse7.3 as an os but as for everything else else....there is sooo much to choose from.

I've heard this question a lot recently from friends and stuff, I guess because Christmas = new systems. But it honestly depends on what you'll be using it for, there are many different options for many different people. First think about what you would want to do with it.
    \"The problems we face cannot be solved by the minds that created them\" -Albert Einstein

AMD pro. 1.3 or better, western digital 40 gig hard drive, etc. Custom built is better than a shelf machine. I am a newbie to linux, but I like it alot better than windows (RH 7.1 ). Optical mouse, and at least a hundred other things.
    We Know Who You Are.....

I Agree with AMD & big hardrive. Spend money in Memory, you will be pleased every day to run 512 Mb.

If you like games, get Geforce 2 or better.

A+ hantiz.
    Linoux c\'est de la bombe bébé !

i agree with the amd and memory suggestion.... The hard drive should be in the least 40 gigs but probably more. always get a custom system..... but i think it all depends on what you need it for. i would run a dual boot system so i would want two big hds. it just really depends... what os are you going to run?

thanx for amd suggestions

i want to (as an operating system) have suse 7.3 wich being linux being my only secure option/compatible with the children using it and my learning gateway to my goal....linux redhat 7.2 initially i wanted a dual boot linux redhat /windows 98se . the redhat for obvious security personal privacy reasons and the 98se for thelast great windows os (that ihave on disc anyways)but after all ive read esecially of windows xp im afraid to have any instance of windows on my machine.as for what i want to biuld well....if the 1500.00 will allow me to be dr.frankenstein id like to build from scratch (not neccasarily from cadaver parts)a multi purpose monster namely to; capture edit/ video; multi multi media/gaming; and evrything for audio listening/burning; oh that microscope thing on that t.v show(crime scene investigation)the scope/software that does forensics on specimens THAT would be cool.Hey im thankfull for the advice...last year i upgraded and got the monetary shaft.THANX AO MEMBERS for the help and im still trying to read evrything on tis site.