Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI hires hackers eh?

FBI hires hackers eh?

I know the FBI employes hackers to intercept hack attempts and survey criminal's computers, but where do they find the hackers they hire? Any ideas?
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

Yeah... they drive round and look for someone that looks like a hacker, take them to Quantico and train 'em in FBI procedure (if in doubt... shoot) then sit 'em in front of a computer.

You wanna know their first question? "Does this mean I can hack hotmail from here?"

LOL
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

They do extensive recruitment, also on Defcon.

Haha

They know exactly where to find them believe me they know, they know what everyone is doing all the time, we think we have them fooled we dont
    Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Nanaki, you probably don't realize how right you are. They track everything that we do with a project labeled "Carnivore". Programs like this have been around since '92. I doubt they hire people through these systems but it is important to know.

They probably just put an ad in the newspaper like everyone else.
    \"This is our world now...the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud.
    We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt cheep if it
    wasn\'t run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore...and you call us
    criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias...and you
    call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, wage wars, murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to
    make us believe it is for our own good, yet we\'re the criminals.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by
    what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something
    that you will never forgive me for. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop this
    individual, but you can\'t stop us all...after all, we\'re all alike.\"

Thumbs down Re: FBI hires hackers eh?

Originally posted by pakbehl
    I know the FBI employes hackers to intercept hack attempts and survey criminal's computers, but where do they find the hackers they hire? Any ideas?

Don't go over to the dark side. For the dark side has powers far greater than you can imagine..........

You'll be made to enforce laws created by the rich to oppress the poor, with deception as a constant companion and the excuse "it's for the greater good" helping you sleep at night....

Talking

Well, as far as I know, they get people from seminars and just regular "hack" meetings.
    FBI has hired alot of people from Defcon, I know about two guys from HAL, etc.

Carnivore is not in use already because the senate is suppose to approve the law allowing it use. But soon it will be use to track down people and censored sites and mails, IT SUCKS!!.

Oso

Talking

Has a good friend of mine says-

"I'm paranoid because I'm close to the truth...NOT because of all the drugs I took as a youth!"

rofl

Actually, Carnivore has been used approximately 25 times (the FBI says) before August 2000. All the FBI needs is a warrant to use Carnivore against somebody. A warrant for the wiretaps on your email can only be given by a Federal District Judge or higher (normal warrants can be issued by regular judges). In Britain, the Regulatory Investigative Powers bill mandates the use of "carnivore-like" boxes at all ISPs. IN Russia, SORM requires all ISPs to forward all traffic to the FSB (aka KGB).

FBI's Carnivore Info

Yeah i do realise how right i am. The government tracks everything we do, have ever done, and most likely they know what we will do i just dont see why they let so many bad guys go free, they know about them, easy to catch, guess you need a balance Hey i dont care one way or the other. Anarchy!
    Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.