Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden MSDOS

Cool Hidden MSDOS

If I hide the RUN icon and all MSDOS icons, control panel and printer, etc. using policies. DO anyone of you know another way that someone can get acces to the C: prompt on my lab???.

I tested the help menu, but it only let you access several stuff, like add/remove hardware. Is there any other way?, I don't want anybody messing around with my servers, and I think somebody is doing it.

OS = Win98SE

C ya
    Oso
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

With a bootdisk with command.com on it.
    Change boot order sequence to hardrive first.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

Also...

With the "boot into DOS mode" option during shutdown. They may also bring it up using explorer.exe Hope this helps...

Happy Hacking
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

I forgot about this, there are all kinds of registry tweeks. www.happyhacker.org and www.winreg.com i think
    or www.regedit.com
    not really sure
    do a google you'll find em
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

Red face

Well, the point is that users are not able to restart, because I would noticed it. So somebody found a way to access DOS...

Any ideas, I will try some stuff tomorrow and let you all know.

(No one is gonna mess with my network security!!!)
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

One more thing!.

if you use Internet Explorer you can use the web url addy bar at the top as a place to access commands that are only allowed in the C:\prompt. It's basically like the same thing as your my computer, you know where you can type in the path to your files.
    Also you can create a batch file in notepad, and reboot your machine, When it loads back on it will make corrections and could possibly re-load the run command. Or you can go to the regedit and put back the run command. You could also reboot in Safe Mode and easily correct the registry to allow the run command. (that is the easiest way).

you can start it as a scheduled task.

you can type command in notepad, save it to the desktop as a batch file and run it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hi mom!
    Hitting F8 during boot usually gets you the question wether you want to boot normal, in safe mode, or with dos-prompt....

isn't there an option in poledit to not allow single mode dos apps or maybe don't allow dos at all. i don't have poledit on my computer here but when i get to work tomorrow ill check it out.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”