Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your duty as a hacker...

Cool Your duty as a hacker...

look.. i was planning to aim this msg at nakoka but then some other kiddies might have to hear this..

yes.. hacking is indded can be considered as a great gift and is powerful.. but as the old saying goes.. "with great powers comes great responsibilities"

you have the advantage compared to other ordinary internet user who just go online everyday, check their e-mails, do internet banking and other regular stuff...

these people are not aware of the danger that lurks under the murky water..

it is our responsibility as hackers to help these defenseless people against malicious kiddies who abuse their knowledge...

d00d.. you have the gift.,. use it wisely.. sure its fun breaking into security.. trust me... i do that everyday.. but its the motive that counts..

i break security for the sake of trouble shooting their security.. and i do report to them as soon as i find something wrong.. coz these people dont know as much as i do.. not because i want to play God...

i hope your goals would be thesame as mine.. you have the knowlegde.. use it for the good of others... trust me.. their thank you is rewarding enuff for me.. and when the time comes that i would need help.. i know these people that i help would come and help me too..

i already broke into numerous university servers and copied their security setting files.. coz normally the administrator is required to document everything he does.. and i saw a lot of companies have poor network security settings.. so i e-mailed them and told them whats wrong... and as a thank you they gave me LEGAL access to their library so i can download anything i want..

now i didnt demand these people to give me access.. but they were very thankful that they want to give me legal access...

and damn.. i got a lot if infomative files from those universities..

surely just a thank you would be enuff for me..

be good.. do good.. and some how.. all these good things will come back at you a hundred fold..

Exclamation

and ermm.. hehe try to keep this on top d00d.. thanks!..

When I talk to my friends I tell them that I study "Network Security." People have this misconception about hackers, so when I say "Network Security" people never think I am some criminal. Im not saying hackers are criminals, but that is the way they see those people. If I told my friends I was studying to be a hacker, they might think of me that way. I do not condone illegal activities, but I study them, and hope to learn how to protect against them.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Thumbs up

true.. very true..

i too study network security.. well that's just a module of my course which is Network Administration... and i do get bad responses as to hacking.. they always think im a bad guy and do nothing but just crack and deface and vandal and all that..

if a computer gets ****ed.. they always point the finger at me.. coz im the only one in class who is capable of doing it.. but what about people in other classes? im not the only guy who goes to that university.. its hard..

and to think.. all i want to do is to protect people, like those who bloody point their fingers at me, from the kiddies who does the things the accuse me of..

Cool

hehe juz keeping it on top..

Indeed, but then again it's the media we need to blame. Every moron that can make a powerfull virus using some lame ass program is called whizzkid/hacker etc.
    What do they call some guy that hotwired a car? an automotive electrical engineer/genius?

if a computer gets ****ed.. they always point the finger at me.. coz im the only one in class who is capable of doing it.. but what about people in other classes? im not the only guy who goes to that university.. its hard..
    Oh have i been there ..

Once I got sendt to the principals office just for having some innocent files in my user dir ..
    I got accused for "hacking" (I guess its required to put "cracking" inside a couple of parantheses in this forum )

Knowledgable people gets blamed because of ignorant sysadm's
    And i wasnt all that knowledgable either lol.. (college)
    Its not a bug, its a feature!
    Real men dont use backup.

Cool

Exaaactly.... ..So i was acused of "hacking" our main server through the old external telnet...What happens, all of a sudden the excel pw crack on my workstation is able to jack everything....Says who,,The moron Admin....Why? Me thinks it would have been more reasonable (read safer) to just say....dood..."How do you do the things you do?"
    Why shoot the messenger before you read the message?
    brickwall
    [glowpurple]Outside of a dog, a book is man\'s best friend...[/glowpurple] [gloworange]inside of a dog, it\'s too dark to read...- [/gloworange] [shadow]Groucho Marx[/shadow]

hehe hmm its juz human nature how other normal people fear or blame or even hate us..

as Charles Xavier (X-Men) says "people fear what they dont understand..."

they fear us coz they dont understand us.. i know it sounds predjudistic but its the fact that most of us do face..

The media

I agree.
    The media is the one we should blame.
    Anything matter related to computers and stuff, they keep saying again and again, "some hackers bla bla bla..."
    But I think that as long as script kiddiots are around, it wil keep happening.
    The thing is that we have to make understand those people that knowledge is the only thing that's important for people like us and that it doesn't imply breaking into systems illegaly and stuff like that.

I dont know if I make a point here.
    Correct me if u think I'm missing something.
    \"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm...