Okay this is my first post in this forum.

I havent been around for long, but ive read the last <30 day postings or so, and i find one thing being too commonly discussed here .. Script kiddies, and what not to in the to-be-hacker phase.. How about focusing a little about what TO do in the to-be-hacker phase.. Me, myself (and irene =P) am very interested in doing some reading, but it seems as it is too much to grasp when you look at the big picture.
So what to start reading, what books/texts/etc, in a chronological list would be HIGHLY appreciated. I could keep reading newbie texts until I'm old and grey, without ever being sure on when to move on.
I guess there always will be gaps in probably every area there is to know.. When i sit down with a book/text/etc i feel as though im missing knowledge to fully grasp the information, and similar with more newbie texts, I feel as though I've been reading it a thousand times before, and I'm not getting anywhere.

Using such a drastical subject i guess I will take heat for, but if this forum really is based on anti-immaturity, I hope you will see my point. When reading this post, try not to find things I've said wrong or any other things you could flame me for eh?

I hope I'll get some good informative reply's on this post..
Thanx in advance.