Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Important -Antipoint Abuse

Banned

Important -Antipoint Abuse

Recently in a thread someone seemed angry at me and I couldnt figure it out, I had done nothing to upset this person and we argreed on the topic at hand.
    So I sent a Pm and what I had suspected turned out to be true. Someone had giving him negative antipoints attaching my handle.
    I never realised anybody could stoop so low, if they had a problem with me flame me dont try to sabatoge me its the lowest of the low.
    Luckily I sorted out the problem but I now fear this anonymous user is doing this to others using my handle and other members handles also.
    I know I have my enemies and they know who they are....
    All I ask is that if this happens to you please dont react badly and blame the person who gave you the antiponts for all you know it could be an abuser of the system.

I have decided to inform JP of the matter in order to find the culprit but I also need to clarify that I only give earned antipoints, I wouldnt give them flame you and leave my handle, its not normal human behaviour.

Please keep this thread up as I need everyone to see its importance.

Thank you for your time.

Hi mom!
    Man, that's low! Maybe JP could create some sort of filter such that member names can not be entered as part of the reason why someone gives antipoints...

"Identity Theft" at AO, what next??

Banned
    Well I gotta go but I will be back soon to see what replies this thread has, Im very interested in seeing people's opinions on the matter and what they think I should do?

first of all...

ok, naturally i look towards hebris! he posted negative antipoints all over today....
    Second of all, i think it's time JP cleaned house or authorized Ennis or Negative to do so with the users that are abusing their privledge of being here at AO. Ennis my suggestion to you- make peace with whoever is pissed (you already have)

Second everyone, check out this thread
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=132613

One thing worth bearing in mind, the number of antipoints a member can give or take is reflected by the number of positive points they have (i think) - so if you get negative antipoints from Ennis, who i believe would only give out negative points deservedly then you will lose a good number of points, whereas a lesser established member would deduct a smaller amount of points.

hehbris
    don't look at me
    but this is definitely laugh worthy
    by making this post ennis is merely inviting reoccurences

Cool

Personally, I don't really like this AntipPoint system. I see the potential benefits...but the many possible abuses(Such as what's going on here) and the fact that it says we should judge based on what other people think of someone, not based on our own opinions.
    I think, simply, the best answer is to nix this system...perhaps replace it with something, perhaps not.
    -Grim

sebastos12
    an hour ago a guy sent to me more than 5 negative points from every thread i have posted. It isn't fair, because i don't know who post it but i'm going to find him.

this is definitely wrong. i think it is stupid to give out antipoints. i think that if you agree with something say you agree.... if you disagree, say u disagree. it's not that hard. i think it is stupid that we are awarding people becuase we agree with them or vice versa.... negative anti points should be for people who abuse the system... not the people that piss us off