View Poll Results: Do you have a significant other? If not, are you looking?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

9 42.86%
  • No, but I am looking.

4 19.05%
  • No, and I am not looking.

2 9.52%
  • There is no hope for me...therefore no.

6 28.57%

Thread: Canada = more value for U!

Cool Canada = more value for U!

I'm pretty sure that most people here do have Broadband internet access. However, I believe that most people here are also from the USA. Now, in USA, the cheapest broadband (DSL) company charges $45 American Dollars per month for there services. However, we, who live in Canada, can enjoy cheap, fast, and quality broadband internet access for only about $30 Canadian a month ($10 modem rental fee per month excluded). What a rip off those companies are doing every month.

Also, dial-up internet access (unlimited) cost only $9.95 Canadian (at a quality, but smaller company).

So, how much are you paying each month for your internet access?

Yeah, i pay $42.50 canadian for DSL. it was 39.95 but they put the price up 2 months ago.

Canada

I found this thread on Canadian internet users at another brilliant security site. HackInTheBox

same.
    i also pay 42.50 canadian a month for bell high speed [DSL]....it's quite expensive but it's worth it to me because it's quite reliable.

Hi, I hate polls but I can never seem to stop reading them. Anyway I pay $7.00 a month for unlimited internet access, and can name at least 4 other ISP's in my area that have comparitive deals. As for high speed, the least expensive I have heard was $39.99/month. Of course they dont service my area. All prices are in U.S. currency. I dont plan on moving to canada so that I can save $5.00 on internet service and I doubt anyone would, so what are you trying to prove?
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

To prove that Canada is the best country world-wide for people to have the most cost effective/value, and quality High-Speed Internet connection. Also to prove that USA and many other countires are ripping off their customers quite badly making them pay more than they should. Through this, also proving that Since Rogers @Home (the world's most irresponsible internet company) server their Cable internet in the Greater Tronto Area, Canada is the safe heaven for hackers to launch cyber attacks to the whole world!

Most importantly, USA's High-Speed Internet serverices costs too much

Originally posted by lawrence171
    To prove that Canada is the best country world-wide for people to have the most cost effective/value, and quality High-Speed Internet connection. Also to prove that USA and many other countires are ripping off their customers quite badly making them pay more than they should.
    But still why does it matter to you? Do you want us in the u.s. to rush to our isp and demand lower prices because the prices in Canada are less? Do you want to have an article in Consumer Reports or something? Do you want us to move to canada just to get lower prices on internet service? First of all even if internet service is cheap in canada, a lot of other things are cheaper in the u.s. or other countries. Second the businesses in this country are only out to make money and the rate they charge us is probably the max that they could convince average people to pay for the service. Saying that they are ripping us off is wrong because obviously we are not being charged more than $10.00 over the price you pay, and we are willing to pay that much to get a service we want. A rip off would be if we were paying double what you pay and we got horrible service. If I were to post a thread saying that "Housing is cheaper in Kansas" it would look like I was just trying to convince people to move here, or that I was bragging about my home. It just seems like that is what you are doing.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19