Thread: news: New Programming Language from AT&T

news: New Programming Language from AT&T

Well ok this language in sorta new it's been in use by At&t for a couple of years not to sure if it's been released anywhere else.

heres the link http://www.securityfocus.com/guest/9094

Cyclone is basically supposed to a more secure programming language, based off of C so enjoy.

Do you guys think this will be a flop or one of the big languages you must remeber and need to be a successful software engineer.

Re: news: New Programming Language from AT&T

Originally posted by freeOn
    Do you guys think this will be a flop or one of the big languages you must remeber and need to be a successful software engineer.
    If the language got mostly the same features as java and c++ I don't think it's going to be used on many develpment projects. Project leaders usually go for the two big ones because most developers know them already, and studies show that programming languages don't make a huge difference when it comes to a project being successful or not.
    ---
    proactive

Hi freeOn

I posted about this the other day. I think the subject was "Cyclone" (although there may have been one or more "." after the title. Nobody posted a reply to it, though I did get some positive antipoints for it. So if anyone else wants some other information about it, check out my thread here.

It is really cool. Check it out.

Happy Hacking
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

Sorry gaxprexls didn't mean to repeat. I woke up this morning and say that.