Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automatic Rebooting

Question RAM

I havent thought bout it being a Ram problem at al.... Could you tell me if the Ram would be hard to install or ez... I kind of have problem installing hardware.... The problem being i havent installed nuthin(hardware) yet.

KloWn
    kloWn

RAM installation

Originally posted by KloWn
    I havent thought bout it being a Ram problem at al.... Could you tell me if the Ram would be hard to install or ez
    One of the easiest things in the world to do, man.
    Step one: buy new RAM sticks (make sure it's the right kind, PC100, PC133, etc.)
    Step two: open the case
    (IMPORTANT!: GROUND YOURSELF BY HOLDING ONTO THE INSIDE OF THE CASE OR WEARING A STATIC BRACELET)
    Step three: remove old RAM sticks
    Step four: insert new RAM sticks

And that's it...5 minute task...and yet Best Buy charges 30 bucks to do it! Makes me wonder what kind of suckers those places thinks people are.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

can you look up to your BIOS configuration, i think the problem is in the BIOS.
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Question Questions...

I can get the ram and all but how do i figure out what specific kind i need? And if the problem is in the bios what do i look for and all? By the way thanks for all the help and tips...

KloWn
    kloWn

If you do not get any blue screen before it restarts then that probally means it is not your softwares fault or OS's. It is most likely to be that your processor is overheating. Try going into your BIOS settings--> then cpu chipset settings (or something similar)---> then set the alarm to be on and set it to about 60 degress or more. This should then show you that your cpu doesn't have enough cooling and it is simply set to restart when it overheats. Hope this helps!

If you can tell us the error the bluescreen is showing you, we could probably pinpoint the problem. However just by the information given I would say it is most likely a bad block in your memory. Just running out of memory will not blue screen a 2k machine, a bad block will everytime. Disable quickboot in your BIOS and allow the machine to do a full memory scan when it boots, that should tell you if there is a problem or not. If it reports no problems, then I would check the video drivers and/or the temperature of the video card's processor(if it has one).

larryjs
    I dare the dumbass who gave me - antipoints on my suggestion to reveal himself.... as well as tell WHY. Its poeple like you that mess up a good system and the reason why they will have to revamp the antipoint system

My computer also reboots on its own sometimes usually when the system resources are below 5%. The fact that designing web pages takes up huge resources could also back this up. Upgrading ur computer would be a good move espically RAM seeing as its so cheap at the moment