Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Monitor problem

Windows XP Monitor problem

Just a quick hardware/software question?

I currently have a voodoo 3 grafix card, and a P3 45o mhz
    after i installed win xp Enterprise edition it loads up to the login screen, but the problem that i am having is that my monitor loses sync with the pc (cant see the screen)....I restart it, and see win xp loading but then i get a yellow light on the monitor at the login where i cant see anything...

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this matter,,,,,,thanks

m0lluck

Having never used XP, i can't say for sure - but this sounds like a problem you get with NT4 if you have the display settings configured improperly for the monitor, for example you have it set to 1024x768 when the monitor can only do 800x600. In NT4 there is an option just before windows loads to boot in vga mode, i'd assume there's something similar in XP.

??????
    does anyone know the command for safe mode on the pc, its not the safe as all other windows

thanks
    m0lluck

Post Help

Hmmmm, toughy, I have an XP (Sony Vaio, AMD Processor, 16" screen, - laptop), but it's never gotten that problem before. Try entering BIOS by hitting F1 or Del. on your startup, check if everything marked should be, and everything not, not. Now if you don't know what BIOS is, or have ever been in BIOS, I suggest you leave it alone. Try calling up Microsoft on the phone (HAH!...yea right)...see whats up, or if you bought the PC localy, go to the provider and tell him/her whats up.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

THANKS WebCarnage FOR YOUR REPLY,

ALL MTY SETTINGS ARE OK IN THE BIOS, I EVEN RAN STANDARD
    BIOS.....I WAS RUNNING A DUAL BOOT W/ 98 ///REDHAT 7.1
    SO I KNOW MY COMP ISNT THAT OUTDATED...

IM GONNA TRY THEE OLD F8 WHEN I GET ACHANCE TO SEE IF I CAN GO INTO DAFE MODE WHEN I TURN IT ON....

***I KNOW ALL IS LOADED CAUSE I CAN LOGIN, WITHOUT SEEING THE SCREEN.....

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE

OH BY THE WAY , WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO GET THE VAIO??? ANY GOOD DEALS AS OF RIGHT NOW?

MOLLUCK

Thumbs up Happy to Be of Service

No probs, how about some Postive AntiPoints eh? Lol.

Just wanted to tell you my eyes are bloodshot after reading that post, but it's all cool. Just remember to turn CAPS OFF next time you type a post. Other then that, good luck. About the Sony Vaio, I just went to a BestBuy one day bored...found a good price on a Viao (i think around $2,000 USD), and bought it with WindowsXP Preinstalled. So it works.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Cool

ok this is just a hunch.. but go to your CMOS setup and increase your memory... dont think.. just do what i say..

If you want access to the safe mode on boot, I believe at some stage you press F8 to access Advanced Boot Options.....

I can't remember if that's exactly it, I don't have any XP boxes nearby...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

i haven't use xp before but i have a clue... windows is really like directx_ install directx and tell me what happened... maybe it's directx10.
    need to hear from you...
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Antionline Herpetologist
    To go into safe mode with winXP just press F8 BEFORE the loading windows xp screen. Boot into VGA mode and see if works. if it does, then get the latest detonator drivers from nvidia.