Thread: Hardware

Hardware

ok first of all i'd like to say hi to everyone reading this post
    And secondly i'm pretty good at computer software application but I absoloutly have NO clue about hardware...like how the cables and everything work does anyone know where i could find sum tutorials/lessons to teach me? and possibly make me a better person?

Thanks,
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.

i can't think of any tut's off the top of my head.... i learned from experience though. there are plenty of books out there. you can search on google...

Post Read

There are all kinds of books and such out there that deal with hardware...pick up anything like "How To repair your PC", etc, look at your computer's manual, go to the Help Site for your particular comp's brand, etc, etc, etc... Or just open up the case, GROUND YOURSELF, and just poke around in there...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Find yourself an old junker, rip it apart, and put it back together. If it doesn't work, you screwed up. Pay attention to the little things, such as jumpers, and cable orientation. Most of the old drives don't have keyed IDE slots, so you will have to pay attention to that. That's how I learned; trial and error. If you don't have that kind of patience, check into the "For Dummies" series.

yeah, the best choice is to get a junker and experiment... but be careful not to shock yourself