Thread: Computer humour

Talking Computer humour

Ok just a lil something to brighten everyones day! Just came across it at Omri's Computer humour page

McAfee-Question : Is Windows a virus ?
    No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:

1. They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.
    2. Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so - okay, Windows does that.
    3. Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does that too.
    4. Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. Sigh... Windows does that, too.
    5. Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with Windows, too.

Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences:Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.
    So Windows is not a virus.

It's a bug.
    /me giggles slightly and walks away ^_^

good stuff....good stuff......
    Life is just a series of decisions, each one can alter your future and you can possibly end your life at any moment. Do you really want to be under the care of the Microsoft Support Center?!?!

isn't that true though?

it's an old one but I never seem to get tired of it though... hehe
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Talking Science cartoons

OK, I know it's not really about computers but there are some great cartoons here:

http://www.strange-matter.com

Enjoy
    -=Plague of The IV=-

Two great things came from UC Berkely; LSD and BSD.
    :-)