Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Antiterrorism act... good-bye freedom...

of course they want to be hypocritical... that appears to be the nature of the us government. it is just disturbing that a government built upon freedom now wishes to take it away

Cool

"This is our world now...the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt cheep if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore...and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias...and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, wage wars, murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it is for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all...after all, we're all alike." – The Mentor (from The Hacker’s Manifesto, January 8, 1986)

Is it all happening again?

good point sonic.... but what will become of us. will we be forced even further into the underground just to exist? this is not right. will this be the return of the righteous hacks? i thought those days were finally over... i guess it all comes full circle...

HTP
    Hack the Planet

Originally posted by freeOn
    I would like to say that these are appropriate for the situation we have gone through. In WW2 and the Vietnam war many of or civil liberties were taken away from us. Because in a Time of war the president and government officals are walking on egg-shells.
    After the war was over we got or rights back, This is what my 76 year old grandpa was telling me.

Anyway I would assume that we will get or rights back but we had them taken away because of a few ****ed up people who wanted to fly planes into buildings. Which is resonable to me, there are increasing security to protect people. You may ask what this has to do with reading e-mail and watching users. Well most of you know the Internet is the best way to connect to anyone anywhere at anytime. Thus if you monitor people then you might get some better inteligence of supposed terroists. As long as you are not doing anything illegal then what do have to hide. If the government really wants to monitor my computer then let them whatever, I really don't care. Why because I"m not doing anything illegal, I don't talk to terrorists, and I'm not a computer craker who breaks into peoples machines.
    freeOn,
    I think you should read the book Unintended Consueqences you might find some very intersing things, I did, stuff like the Bonus Army, do a search on it you'll be suprised....This book will tell you alot about the rights we have given up and haven't gotten back. Don't give up your freedom for securtiy, protect yourself... People install all kinds of stuff to protect there computers from attack on there own without asking the Gov to do it.
    Hey it's just my opinion
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

wanna hear some really messed up stuff about the u.s. government? learn about FEMA....

Exclamation wake up

Let me begin by saying that using the current electoral system to somehow defend the idea that the will of the people is represented is what is "truly naive." We the people of the United States of America were given two choices for the presidential election. Ok, there were more, but name one person who wasn't 100% sure it was going to be either Gore or Bush. So I have to choose which candidate of TWO, best matches my beliefs. Obviously the winner, whoever it would be, isn't going to agree completely with what I, or anyone else, believes. And in the presidents eyes, there is no one whole American public. There is the individuals and corporations who bought him his presidency, and there is everyone else. Who do you think he's most worried about supporting. And this goes for other offices not just the president. Before anyone goes trying to validate the fact we live in a true democracy by saying the electoral system represents the will of the people, they need to open their eyes. Believe it or not, it's the way things are, the sooner you see this the sooner you can help make change for the better.

The problems we face today are the very thing the founders of this country were fighting against. I'd love if they could see how things turned out...

btw, I'm not anti-american, the only reason I feel so strongly about these problems is because I care, and Iwant to see things get better.
    \"The problems we face cannot be solved by the minds that created them\" -Albert Einstein

Check out the book(Unintended Consueqences)
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

nice post... how true real:zero...

as chomsky says: “It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies." this is what we need to do.

but honestly something needs to be done. the state of affairs in our country is becomong more and more ridiculous. there is a moral obligation on the citizen's of this country to make the country work for them. This is what the constitution is all about, if the said government violeates those rights or becomes ineffective, it can be abolished....

now i am not calling for the abolishment of the american government. it can be salvaged, at least at this point... but something should be done before we lose that which we hold so dear, our freedom

"There is no reason to accept the doctrines crafted to sustain power and privilege, or to believe that we are constrained by mysterious and unknown social laws. These are simply decisions made within institutions that are subject to human will and that must face the test of legitimacy. And if they do not meet the test, they can be replaced by other institutions that are more free and more just, as has happened often in the past." Noam Chomsky

After world war 2 people didn't just get there freedoms back like a switch on a key board. It took many many years. There were many scandels and upsets. And eventualy groups formed and protested and fought and fought and eventually gave you and I more freedom than what they had in there time. Until now that is...........................

-=SolarisMKA=-

Has anyone read the article on the WTO in cyberarmy's Ezines? that’s all my fears made manifest.

Freedom is not god given. the seed may have been implanted in the minds of men, but the human race TOOK freedom and not that long ago. a lot of people fought and died for it.

All the people in this country didn't have the right to vote until the 1960's

Around 1900 people where fighting in the streets to give their children the right to work "only a 16 hour day" if they were under 16. and the only reason they won those rights was they were armed.

The norm is oppression.

Its true we must make some concession in time of national emergency. But where and when does it stop. Id feel a lot better if this was some kind of 'war powers act lite'. when the situation ended so do the restrictions.

I heard on a news station, on the way home from work that the supreme court has given their ok for searching the home of people on parole without search warrants. what direction is that a step in?

imho a temporary lose of freedom is the same as a temporary tax increase. it takes something major to get rid of it.

These things don't go away by themselves.

You can find Email addresses for your representives by following the links at whitehouse.gov.

I would like very much to take an active part in any non-violent protest, so if any one has any ideas... tedob1@netzero.netNOSPAM
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”