Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate spyware-I hate win xp

Angry I hate spyware-I hate win xp

Hey doesn't anybody care about the ****in spyware in win xp?
    I don't really enjoy having my pc telling Microsoft (and who knows who else) what kind of hardware i have and when i use the bathroom
    I couldn't even get my modem to work properly!!!

And that's just some of them...
    DaZeD

What kind of spyware is in XP? I believe that you could probably take off those settings even if it means going through the regedit.

it only tells them if you tell it to. it gives them your system information when you click send report... but you can always click, don't send report.... not too much harder.

I have no problem with it mainly because they are just trying to protect their investment.. sure they have a lot of money, but I'm pretty certain that Microsoft would have pumped a shitload into XP in both development and marketting....

and you have to do it once as far as I know...
    If you've got such a big problem with the hardware activation, buy the corporate version of XP...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

IS this also a way for Microsoft to weed out the pirated copys of XP? Wouldn't they be able to tell what is going on if you sent your system information.

Just put a nice little firewall between XP and Microsoft and you'll never have to worry about what it trys to send ever again.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Craisins
    Just put a nice little firewall between XP and Microsoft and you'll never have to worry about what it trys to send ever again.
    Putting a personal software firewall up will not stop the XP info from going to Microsoft, just to let ya know

Putting a personal software firewall up will not stop the XP info from going to Microsoft
    But what if you had a firewall running on another machine that blocked all traffic to Micro$oft? Wouldn't that do it? You just wouldn't be able to go to the M$ website, check your hotmail, etc.

I know this would be unreasonable for some people but if you stay away from Micro$oft's stuff anyway then it's not much, if any, of a loss

Question

I dont think there are many firewalls that you can run with XP or so I have heard. Doesnt XP have its own crappy firewall?

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Question

Well I have been wondering about the Windows XP OS....
    It comes Complete with remote administration program. I heard about it from a freind of mine. So when i was at best buy i took a look around and sure enough there it was remote administration tool. I didnt get much time to research it on accoount of the "girlfreind" factor. But Surley this can be Exploited.Any information on this would be greatly appriciated.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2