Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate spyware-I hate win xp

Dr Toker, I don't have any information regarding specific exploits for it, but yes, it could be exploited.
    The remote administration side is based upon Terminal Services, so an exploit for that which is new might affect it.
    Also, through use of a virus or a worm, it could be possible to make it send out a unwanted requests for assistance...
    So yes, it can be exploited.. but as human nature shows us.. everything can be exploited if you try hard enough...

Oh, and to the person who gave me - Antipoints claiming that violence is not the answer in relation to my previous signature... it's called a joke...

But since it seems to have offended you, here you go, I've changed it...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Hello everybody, man I am in a good mood. Off for a couple weeks, just finished a new box. A complex program that I wrote actually works, and I have time to post again on AO.

Here is a computer trick for all of you spyware hating puter users out there. INSTALL A UNIX. You have 100% control over everything. You are Lord and Master of all that happes in your little world.

Microsft as never showed any concern for it's customers privacy or security in the past and I doubt they will start anytime soon. We should all be used to this kind of stuff from the redmond gang by now.

Anyway, just remember that you do have a choice not to use their product if you really dislike it.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

Red Fraction,

There are a few personal firewalls that run on WinXP - ZoneAlarm and Tiny Personal Firewall both have run well on my XP box. Take that for what its worth.