Thread: proactive's dictionary generator

proactive's dictionary generator

With all the drama that's been going on here lately, I have made a little something to cheer you up. It's a dictionary generator where you input url's, and get all words on that web-page into a text file.

I've provided the source (VB6) for you all to look at, and also an executable. You have to have IE.5 or later installed, and probably MS Access and some other stuff. I don't know.

Remember the files have to be extracted into "c:\dictgen\" as I have used static paths in the source.

I hope some of you at least will get it working! Post a message if you have comments...
    ---
    proactive

Out of curiosity, what is this intended for? I can always just visit a webpage and copy and paste the text out...

I guess I'm wondering what its purpose is.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

That's a good question. There was someone discussing brute forcing, and I thought this might be handy. It lists a lot of words into a text file, you know, passwords. Well, I dont't actually know how those passwords-crackers work, but maybe some can be used with this thing.

Fun making it, though.....
    ---
    proactive