Thread: All of My Audio COdecs are gone... AHHHHHH!!!!!

Angry All of My Audio COdecs are gone... AHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm running Win XP Pro and in an attempt to fix a sound problem have deleted all of my audio codecs... what a dickhead

now i'm having an extremely hard time finding a way to fix this

any ideas....????

there's free frogurt for the person who fixes it!!!

not really

but, feel free to buy yourself some if u want

thanx all
    of all the things i\'ve lost.... i miss my mind the least...

Damn you lethal dose!!! Offers of free frogurt are mine!!!

I spoke to you before on this matter.. I suggested removing Media Player 8 ( I think that's the one come with Windows XP)

Before I suggest anything else, did you try removing Media Player?? View this thread by Negative to find out how to enable deletion of Windows XP components that are unwanted, such as Messenger...

-Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

AntiOnline Senior Member
    My new comp has windows xp on it, and the Windows Media Player does come pre-loaded on it. (Just verifying that for you Matty)

XP has some sort of restore feature in it for when it or you does something stupid... like deleting necessary files. it's under system tools and is called system restore... the only downside is it will restore to the last restore point.... which, unless you set one is when you instaled xp.

matty, what would deleting media player do?

I used to use Windows Media Player and I noticed that if you are online, and you are trying to play a file that you do not have codecs for, it will download them for you(without asking) and play your media file. This is why I blocked it from accessing the internet with my firewall. I dont like anything that can access the internet, without asking for my permission first.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

lord_darkside_x, I was suggesting deleting Media Player, and re-installing it, as it may re-install the missing codecs. I didn't mention the re-installing part in the previous post, my bad.
    It was just an attempt to ressurect the codecs, after mean ol' lethaldose moider'd em, as media player would most likely install the base codecs.
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

oh, o/k... just didn't making sure

One good solution. don't use windows! (opppss, im using windows too..) Windows XP is buggy, wait sometime to make it bugfree (after 10 yrs.).
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"