Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: update on MAgic Lantern

update on MAgic Lantern

Good.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Thats good news. I was worried (not about the actual Magic Lantern program) but that some hacker would create a trojan almost identical to it so it would slip through the anti-virus software.

Thanks FocMaester

and good
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

You can find another article here on magic lantern clones and copies..

Angry grrr...

I'm pissed that any organization within a goverment that heralds freedom, would stoop to analyzing my &*(^%$# e-mail. Why don't you just invade my cookies while you're at it?...
    ^&*(ing hypocrites...

Hello? FBI? CIA? Blow me!

It's subversive tactics and corrupted ideal like these that help create Black Hat Hackers...

GRRRRR!

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    That's some good news Focmaester, thanks for the link. I was wondering about Symantec because I've been an avid user of their stuff for years...glad to see they didn't fold like I thought at the beginning.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

i say its a bs cover-up. the denials seem very carfully worded. they dont say "we will not allow any type of virus or trojan, government sponsored or not, to run on a system that our software is running on". they say "Symantec's first priority is to protect our customers from malicious and illegal attacks"(bolded for emphisis). they could easily claim that because this is the FBI it will not be used maliciously.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Yeah, that's true, but then the minute (and you know it'd happen) someone found out, it'd be published and shiggity-blakow, said company's software would be sitting on a shelf, not being bought... This is mainly why I switched to Sophos, a UK based company who's been doing AV work for 10 years now and is pretty highly ranked... go here to check it out. Sure it's expensive, but I'd rather pay good money for a good product that's fighting the good fight, rather than A: not have one at all, or B: support something that "may" be shady to any degree.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.