Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Morpheus work ..university firewall!

Alts

Unhappy Make Morpheus work ..university firewall!

HeY Guyz...

Could all of you help me with this problem....
    My University ( Augustana University College) blocked most of the download programs like Morpheus for music and hence we students using the university connection in our dorms r not able to download music or softwares or wateva through these programs. It just does not connect to these servers. So please...could someone help us and find us a way to use morpheus or other music download programz through the university connection ! We all will be very grateful !

Alts

I'm using napster, hence it is not highly secured but it works with firewall...
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

I believe Morpheus uses port 1214 to accept incoming data from the servers. Since they are most likely blocking access in over this port, I think your pretty much screwed there, unless you can get access to whatever's blocking it, as Morpheus doesn't allow you to change what port it uses...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

this is only theory:
    go to a computer u have root access on and one that always is online... Then set it to pipe all ingoing trafic from port 25 to 1214 on a Morpheus server.
    Then setup the university 'puter u use to pipe all Morpheus data to the always online 'puters IP using port 25... port 25 (SMTP) is nearly always allowed through firwalls.
    I have no idea if this will work and if it does if it will mess up the network traffic but anyway it sounds clever. I guess it all depends on the firewall and how the Morpheus download community works.
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Just thinking... Gnutella uses a wide range of servers and junk... Maybe you could give that a whirl.

Thumbs up

My Alma Mater (american U in washington DC) had blocked those programs...but Aimster works...maybe you could try that.
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Use a proxy outside of your university's network. You will probably have to encapsulate all your data in pptp or l2tp to get it off your campus network.

This sounds like a good situation for 'Social Engineering". Find out who the firewall administrator is, befriend him/her, take him out for a pizza and a few beers (a lot of beers), then hit him with your idea. If he were to allow you (and just you) to download music from the net, maybe the two of you could make a few $$ selling the files to the other students. Just a thought, but usually, the idea of making money will often make things happen.

Originally posted by DjM
    This sounds like a good situation for 'Social Engineering". Find out who the firewall administrator is, befriend him/her, take him out for a pizza and a few beers (a lot of beers), then hit him with your idea. If he were to allow you (and just you) to download music from the net, maybe the two of you could make a few $$ selling the files to the other students. Just a thought, but usually, the idea of making money will often make things happen.

yea or get u kicked out of school... or even worse, land u in jail....
    not a wise choice...
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

And finding products/programs to install, that circumvents the firewall rules, is different how??