Ok, I've been on this board for a little under three weeks and I've noticed something. There seems to be a lot of jabs, underhanded attacks, open flaming, and whatnot being spewed forth onto the message boards. Message boards that I come to every day (I work the 7 to 4 shift at work) to try to help people out with anything I can, ask questions, be around peers, and generally have a good time. For the most part, I've had that but after reading a LOT of flaming posts of outright attacks from one poster to another, I'm seriously wondering why this has to happen. You want real problems? Get laid off like I did on Oct 4 and try to find a job as a unix admin in this economy. That's something to worry about, not some useless drivel that someone might call an insult. Others I worked with got let go the same day and they've got families, bills, etc... I feel for them as I'm working now while some are still looking. You want real problems? Look at the victims of everything current from 6 months ago onward. That's real problems. Look at those who have family serving in the military overseas during *CHRISTMAS* in a war-torn environment. And some of you have grudges? **** that noise, get over it...if we can't all work together on making AO a great place to interact with peers, then I guess I should pack up and leave because God alone knows I'm not going to stick around and listen to this high-school bullshit that some people flaunt. Have you (any of the flagrant flaming posters) ever considered what a know-nothing newbie might think because if I (and I consider myself more than a little knowledgeable when dealing with computers) get irritated after reading so many of these every day, how do you think they'd feel after reading *1*? Gah,
I'm not very happy now so I'm gonna go delete someone's user directory or something...

Let the madness stop!