Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI Virous fallen!!!!!!......................

Post FBI Virous fallen!!!!!!......................

Looks like I'm gonna sleep better tonight.........

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/ne...100528,00.html

it seems that the AV corps arn't gonna give into the goverment after all...... And today I breath a sigh of relife.......... mabe just mabe this could be a step in the right direction. Mabe,
    -=SolarisMKA=-

Senior since the 3 dot era

good thing

Strenght to the AV coprs.

This is good! The customer has the right to have some reliable protection, not with holes.

Re: FBI Virous fallen!!!!!!......................

Originally posted by -=solarismka=-
    Looks like I'm gonna sleep better tonight.........

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/ne...100528,00.html

it seems that the AV corps arn't gonna give into the goverment after all...... And today I breath a sigh of relife.......... mabe just mabe this could be a step in the right direction. Mabe,
    Do you ppl look at the board? this link has been posted by me yesterday.

Post AV :)

Great news to hear. But I think it was stupid in the first place about the FBI even thinking about sending out a virus undetected by all or the most common AntiViral Protection. The FBI is smarter then that,...I know. They have 14 of their own working against basically every BlackHat in the world. Yet just the mere thought of them sending out a lethal weapon of their own for use of the Government is wrong.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Yea, this is definately good news - who would want to pay for a 'virus protection' program when it had known holes in it? That's such a ripoff...

well, im going to start by saying im pissed b/c of the antiterrorism bill. this will surely allow the govt officials to stick their noses where they don't belong-in our business. i don't want them to go through my email or personal files either. ppl should keep the govt in check. this is a democracy!

Cool

yeah.. i already read this yesterday.. but hey.. atleast those ppl who missed the news yesterday managed to catch up 2day. thanks to dis post.. hehe

I think it's nice to know the companies know where their loyalties lie...

Specifically, in customer money!

On a more serious note, I applaud them for not caving in to this kind of governmental pressure.

Our Three-Letter-Acronym-Secret-Agencies:

"Ooh! We have a war on Terrorism! We need more funding, more power, less supervision... And a ton of things!"
    "Why do you need your own trojan, or encryption backdoors?"
    "Well, the Terrorists never USED any encryption that we found, (and we didn't stop the event anyway), but they *might* use encryption! They might also disguise themselves as Americans. I suggest random detentions and interrogations of people who look American."
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

this subject happens to be one of my favorites so please let me have my say (like i won't be able to post if you won't):
    1. yay
    2. one should not fight fire with fire
    3. think about all the tax dollars (coming out of OUR POCKETS) that are used to pay for this crapulously designed that will never succeed.
    4. encryption encryption for all.........did you know that there's a gnu pgp version? i forgot the link.....sorry
    5. i've said this before and i'll say it again..........cowabunga.......just kidding..."when privacy is outlawed, only the outlaws will have privacy" - phil zimmerman
    6. think about all the tax dollars (coming out OF our Pockets) that are used to pay for this house bill so the FBI/CIA can watch my grandparents procreating.
    7. emasculate those who passed the bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) the fbi considers hackers terrorists

2) warez are a hacker thing...somebody breaks the key code

3) the fbi is busting warez sites

4) they'll be putting trojans in their own warez and putting them up for download.

5) the record companys and film industriy will follow their lead

what the f%(* does this have to do with terrorism. The fbi couldn't , with all their recources, stop 4 commercial airliners from being hijacked, on the same day, and used as weapons...so their going to bust students and kids. yeah you show'em bad guy.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”