Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C#

oblio
    I seriously doubt that anyone currently using Sun Servers with a Java platform are going to suddenly dump their sun equipment for low end i86 machines. And now with sun selling servers for $6000, and the up and coming solaris 9, i dont think sun has to worry at all.

Originally posted by oblio
    I seriously doubt that anyone currently using Sun Servers with a Java platform are going to suddenly dump their sun equipment for low end i86 machines. And now with sun selling servers for $6000, and the up and coming solaris 9, i dont think sun has to worry at all.
    Exactly, the entire .NET is inferior towards JSP.
    JSP is by far more stable and secure then .NET

Where I work they want to have the Win2k box running Silverstream replaced by Solaris. So now I am busy setting up a test machine on a i386 running Solaris for Intel. The boss wants to have a Sun server.

What concerns me is not the knowledgeable folks like yourselves having an insta-brainfart and going with i386 (btw I believe Nt and 2000 both have 64 bit versions) platforms and dumping their product onto your disks.

It is the many many thousands of IT managers in this world that came from accounting or whatever, and as far as they are concerned MS is *the only* way to go. The have some misunderstanding that MS supports their product better than anyone else. These folks, the ones who actually sign the purchase order are the ones that I see buying into C#, .NET and the mysterious unnamed protocol we have not yet seen.

Call me whatever you want to. You have only seen the very surface of these and they are not designed to be an `alternative'.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

Originally posted by UberC0der

It is the many many thousands of IT managers in this world that came from accounting or whatever, and as far as they are concerned MS is *the only* way to go. The have some misunderstanding that MS supports their product better than anyone else. These folks, the ones who actually sign the purchase order are the ones that I see buying into C#, .NET and the mysterious unnamed protocol we have not yet seen.
    Exactly, it's the IT managers not the IT staff that make the core decisions.
    They want something they can run and understand as well.
    That is 1 problem I had at work. The Director wanted the newest MS crap and when they saw Office XP bitch and moan all the time about produtct codes and **** they have decided to start testing Staroffice for i386 instead.

sebastos12
    Do you want me. Here i am. Haha

oblio
    what kind of ****ing company do you work at where people use 386s

what kind of ****ing company do you work at where people use 386s

With i386 I whas referring to the Intel platform, Debris.

oblio
    i386 means the intel 386 processor

I think he meant x86.
    - Stronzo

\"Vini, Vici, Vidi\"
    I came, I saw, I conquered.
    - Julius Caesar

i386 means the intel 386 processor
    It is normally used to refer to processors capable of running Intel 386 instructions, thus it could refer to my Athlon as it is i386-capable (or compatible). I've never heard anyone say (until now) that i386 is the Intel 386 processor.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?