Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even Microsoft Doesn't Use Windows?

Exclamation BSD

Microsoft do indeed run IIS 5 on all of thier web sites, the backend of hotmail however is Free BSD (or open?), not only this Microsoft get an outside company (the name of ehioch escapes me) to host all of thier DNS machines and these run Unix (Linux I think). So, it's quite obvious that inspight of Redmonds claims they still try to sell a second rate OS that even they can't use properly!
    -=Plague of The IV=-

Two great things came from UC Berkely; LSD and BSD.
    :-)

Microsoft

*Now scanning server at 207.46.230.220 on port 80...
    *Informations on domain "www.microsoft.com":
    ---Server software: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    ---Sever time: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:53:02 GMT

*GET "/backstage/_index_defaultpage.htm"...
    *GET "/default.htm"...
    *GET "/misc/data/idc.htm"...

...so on and so fourth...the website is huge...I'm not going to post up everything. But as you can see....Http://www.microsoft.com is running on Microsoft-IIS/5.0 ...

And besides..Oracle talks trash all the time. Well...not necissarily trash, but talk is cheap were there from lets say. I'll end it with that.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Originally posted by [WebCarnage]...
    *Now scanning server at 207.46.230.220 on port 80...
    *Informations on domain "www.microsoft.com":
    ---Server software: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    ---Sever time: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:53:02 GMT

*GET "/backstage/_index_defaultpage.htm"...
    *GET "/default.htm"...
    *GET "/misc/data/idc.htm"...

...so on and so fourth...the website is huge...I'm not going to post up everything. But as you can see....Http://www.microsoft.com is running on Microsoft-IIS/5.0 ...

And besides..Oracle talks trash all the time. Well...not necissarily trash, but talk is cheap were there from lets say. I'll end it with that.
    Ahh yes, as if the server header is proof of something. Try that on Google.com. You know, you can (given that you're able to edit the source) modify an Apache header to reply with Microsoft-IIS/5.0...

At any rate, I highly doubt that's what they've done, just don't consider the Server: header to be the be-all and end-all of webserver OS Fingerprinting....
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Thumbs up IntelliTamper

No Google involved. Just goto: IntelliTamper's Website and pick up the latest copy of IntelliTamper.

- Exerpt taken from http://www.intellitamper.com/infos.php -

Tired of closing and jumping between multiple popup windows, thousands of stupid links on a single page, sites without real content and only ads, etc... ? IntelliTamper is a small and easy-to-use program which will tell you what is really behind any Web site.

Just type in the address, let the IntelliTamper spider works and read the pages for you, and you will be able to access the files and browse the folders like if they were on your own hard-disk !

IntelliTamper is also able to scan a website for unlisted files and folders with a dictionnary based scan. Results are displayed in real time in the window with various informations on progression. Files and folders found are displayed in a friendly mini Windows-Explorer. You can then open links found on pages in your browser, send emails to addresses found on pages, open distant files and save them to your harddisk.
    After downloading (I have Version 2.07) a version for yourself. Punch in www.microsoft.com - and in the first two boxes (the top two) just read what it says. I just copied some of the stuff I got. Nothing big.

Lates.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Actually, even if Microsoft doesn't use Windows to run their systems I would understand why. It's just like the airlines industry, the CEO wouldn't dare fly on one of his/her commercial planes. They would rather go on their fancy jets, a.k.a. Unix.
    Life is just a series of decisions, each one can alter your future and you can possibly end your life at any moment. Do you really want to be under the care of the Microsoft Support Center?!?!

hotmail test server http://hotmail.com. is also runnin IIS5