Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABM treaty

Re: AMB

I think this sounds pretty familiar to computer securty...does it not?

----
    Person A got a new firewall in 1972
    Person B got a new DDoS in 1972
    ----
    DDoS gets old and is useless so Person B trashes it
    Person A takes down old firewall...only to start on a new, better, and advanced one.
    Person B finds new DDoS...
    ----

...So you see...there will always be a "Person B"..whether it be the USSR, China, Cuba, Afganistan, or Iraq. And "Person A" will always have bigger and better stuff to try out, whether it be the US or Oracle. It's a cicle...and it'll just keep on spinning...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

As lond as there's a need for bigger and better firewalls, a lot of us will still have jobs. If the tech world were to suddenly turn static, it wouldn't take near as many IT workers to keep existing systems operational.

Dont get me wrong in posting this. I believe in what my president is doing. But tjis is something we all should be aware of and keeping a watch on:

http://baltimorechronicle.com/media3_oct01.shtml

AN IMPORTANT TENET of journalism is that you should always ask, “Who benefits?”
    In the case of a war, the answers to this question become of paramount importance. Suppose, for example, that profits from military contracting were to go in the pockets of a former U.S. President whose son (and a presumed future heir) is now President? Suppose further that such profits escalate in times of conflict. Wouldn’t this be of concern to the public? Wouldn’t you expect the media to be all over such an important ethical (not to mention moral, and maybe legal) angle?...
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Angry Don't trust the media

Don't trust the media...for the most part, they exist only to skew the listeners, viewers, etc viewpoints to match theirs. The media tells you who to hate, who to trust, and who to ignore. They tell you what's important and what's not. They try to think for you. Sort through the spin and get to the bare facts, and think from there. Don't allow yourself to be forcefed your life by people that only seek to dramatize and make a production out of everything that they see fit to focus on. You know those "heart to heart" type stories that they do? And that "We care" attitude that they play? It's all fake...serves only to make people think that they really care about what they report.

On Sept 11, I saw more comedians cry than newspeople. "In touch"?, I think not. "We gotta get there first so we can be the first on TV and grab all the early ratings off of thousands of dead people", probably...

Don't trust them, think for yourself...
    Don't trust me either, i'd rather you think for yourself, but just make sure that you are doing just that...

Ouroboros

(and I know that not all of the people in the business are like that, but the overwhelming majority are)
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Ahh.. I got neg points for my post. I would love to debate this with whoever disagreed with me, but because the coward didn't give a namel I can't...Oh well..
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

I agree with you 100%. Yellow journalism has been a way of life for a very long time.
    The link i posted is obviously just not a republican supporter. Facts can be easiely manipulated by reporters to coincide with their views.
    But the fact remains that there are facts there, that need looking into. Which is why i posted it, i thought maybe i could save myself some research time if some one knew something on this subject. Let me know if its worth persuing or not.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ouroboros,
    What do you really know about the media????
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Lightbulb ABM Treaty

What dose Ouroboros know about anything. He has split personalities. The guy's a nut.
    This **** today is about small punk nations causing all the distruction they can.
    I agree with you. These little pissy ass third world countries starting s*it and thinking that they can get away with it... it's not gonna stand. No, not at all. May be you would see things a little different if it was your home country that got attacked by terrorist. The U.S.A. tried to compromise with Russia but they couldn't reach a compromise.

Remote_Access_

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I don't get the big deal, honestly. If we want to pull out of a treaty, why in the world would anyone care? Especially Russia! We have nothing but protection of our own country in mind.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

larryjs
    Originally posted by uraloony
    I don't get the big deal, honestly. If we want to pull out of a treaty, why in the world would anyone care? Especially Russia! We have nothing but protection of our own country in mind.
    Because with the current reduction in nuclear warheads
    they(Russia) are afraid that a missle sheild would give us first strike cabability with little fear of a reprisal.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Do you honestly think that the US would attack Russia? If you do, check out America's history of being the protector and mediator.

Also, why would a missile sheild give us strike capabilities? It is a defensive weapon, not an offensive one.

And lastly, do you think that the world would sit by if we attacked Russia for no apparent reason? No they would rise up against us.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]