Thread: "Routed traffic"

Question "Routed traffic"

Hi, all. Glad to be activated at last. I wonder...Two nights ago, after having installed Zonealarm just previous to this day, I got a alert from the firewall saying something like:

Zonealarm has blocked access to your computer from IP - this and that, who was trying to send a package through your computor to IP That and this.

Somewhere in that text the words "routed traffic" was mentioned as well. Iam not in a network, I go through modem and I'am wonderin' what's happening. My concern is that I might 've been used as " ? " before I got this firewall. If someone is sending data through my computor am I not likely to be the "sender" in the recievers eyes ? This doesn't fell good.

Could anyone try to explain to me what has happened, or rather could 've happened if I wasn't behind a firewall.

Tanx in advance

Patteman
    You start to wonder if you really know yourself, when you smell your exkrements...

If you're connected to the internet then you actually are part of a network - a pretty big one :-)
    I don't use zone alarm but a warning about one ip trying to "send a package" to another ip sounds pretty strange - did it mention port 520 at all?

Question "Routed traffic"

Hi Pete.

No it didn't mention that port. But if memory servs me the port mentioned was 53. Well, I don't remember to much, it was at home and I forgott to bring the log to work...Will check when I get home and post it...

And that 'bout Internet am I aware of, naturally. But I got a question at the chat yesterday, if my "tin" is being a router in my network, that why I wrote that...

/P-Man
    You start to wonder if you really know yourself, when you smell your exkrements...

Port 53 is DNS - i assume you're not running a dns server are you?
    Is "tin" another word for a computer? I've never heard that.

"Routed traffic"

Just trying to be innovative with words. Not to good at the english language, just yet. Have patients and, like you just did, ask me what the **** I mean. The correct direct-translation from swedish should be "can" not "tin".

And I'm not running as a DNS server. Like I said, my memory isn't reliable and I'll check the log file for the right alertmessage and post it.

P-man