Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interesting new "scooter"

interesting new "scooter"

As I was reading time magazine I thought of the impact this could have if this machine it will be used by just a fraction of the people that is is designed for if you want to elarn more about this go here and check it out.
    G.G.

Thumbs up

Yep, I saw the scooter on the news. Actually, it can feel little movements on your feet that are generated when you think about an action...

It's amazing, I've been wondering on the uses of that technology...
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

well the fact that it is currently safer than the car and has less emissions, doesn't cause traffic jams and can go on moderately rough terrain means that if they can find a way to mass produce it inexpensively it might become as commonplace and revolutionary as the car.
    G.G.

larryjs
    Skooter....forget that look at this personal transportation method.http://www.solotrek.com/

I don't think it'll work. People have bikes and you can get a really good for ten times less. Few people (at least here in the U.S.) ride bikes to work or on a regular basis. I doubt a weird looking toy for rich, lazy, environmentally friendly people will catch on.
    Why am I still here?

RE:to alcatraz

I disagree with your reasoning the reason people can't use bikes in cities extensively is they are to large and move to quickly to be safe to use in congested areas, whereas, this is small enough to be used in cities and has a desirable speed range.

This isn't a toy for rich or lazy people if mass produced these
    could sell for about $1000 and the people that use this would be about as lazy as the people that use a car. The main reason people would use this would be the speed at which it travels (a sprint by a average runner) while still maintaining safety, ease of use and mobility.
    G.G.

Originally posted by Oso
    Actually, it can feel little movements on your feet that are generated when you think about an action...
    Sounds a lot like the 'Ouija Board'...will probably fade out just as fast, too, unless they develop a golf bag holder attachment for it...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

monsters from the id!

what happens when some one really ticks you off whle your driving. Hasn't anyone ever pictured running that sob off the road, or slamming right into their read end. I do.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

GriGri:

People use cars in a small congested areas don't they? If they cut down on this they could surely manage bikes, or regular scooters, or they could walk!

You'd hafta be a bit less lazy to stand up the whole time. And u definitely wouldn't be able to go at top speed on those things in a crowded city. And safety isn't necessarily true. What if you aren't looking and hit a dog or a little kid or something?

But whatever. To each his own, you can have your scooter and I'll keep on walking.
    Why am I still here?

I went to the link for time, came back after a miniut or two my browser crasher. I debuged, and this is what i got....from time?

Whats this all about?

popupWin=window.open(popA[0]+"?"+popAb._pack(["&","="]),"POPUP",this.winOpts+(this.winOpts?",":"")+(G_.ie||G_.nav6up?"height=":"innerHeight=")+this.height+(G_.ie||G_.nav6up?",width=":",innerWidth=")+this.width+(G_.ie?",left=":",screenX=")+Math.max(((screen.width-this.width-2*G_.horizMargin)*this.pLeft/100+G_.horizMargin-G_.horizBorder),0)+(G_.ie?",top=":",screenY=")+Math.max(((screen.height-this.height-2*G_.vertMargin)*this.pTop/100+G_.vertMargin-G_.topBorder),0));};self.focus();var then=new Date(G_.nowN+3*G_.mo);var newMix="";for(var i=0;i<G_._c.length;i++)if(G_._c[i][1]&&parseInt(G_._c[i][1])>(G_.nowN-3*G_.mo))newMix+=G_._c[i].join("|")+"~";if(!noC)document.cookie="PopUpCalls"+G_._t+"="+escape(newMix.slice(0,-1))+"; expires="+then.toGMTString()+"; path=/"+(G_.domain?"; domain=."+G_.domain:"");};this.constr=P__popup;this.launch=launch;this.pre=pre;this.test=test;this.pop=pop;};P__popup.prototype=new P__ruleSet();function P__popup_i(o,a){P__ruleSet_i(o,a.slice(7));o.source=a[0];o.width=a[1];o.height=a[2];o.image=a[3];o.pLeft=isNaN(a[4])||a[4]<0||a[4]>100?50:a[4];o.pTop=isNaN(a[5])||a[5]<0||a[5]>100?50:a[5];o.winOpts=a[6];};function P_popup(){this.constr=P_popup;P__popup_i(this,argToArr(arguments));};P_popup.prototype=new P__popup();function P__group(){function itemChance(item,chance){this.i=item;this.c=chance;};function addItems(children){for(var i=0;i<children.length;i++)this.items[this.items.length]=new itemChance(children[i],isNaN(children[i+1])?1:children[++i]);};function test(){if(this._test()&&this.items.length)for(var i=0;i<this.items.length;i++)if(this.par[this.items[i].i].test())return true;return false;};function getItem(){if(this._test()&&this.items.length){var temp=[];var totalChances=0;for(var i=0;i<this.items.length;i++)if(this.par[this.items[i].i].test()){temp[temp.length]=this.items[i];totalChances+=this.items[i].c;};if(temp.length==0)return false;if(totalChances==0)return this.par[temp[0].i];var choice=Math.floor(G_.seed*totalChances);var count=0;for(var i=0;i<temp.length;i++)if(choice<(count+=temp[i].c))return this.par[temp[i].i];};return false;};function launch(){var theItem=this.getItem();if(theItem){this.update();return theItem.launch();};return false;};function pre(time){var theItem=this.getItem();if(theItem)return theItem.pre(time);return false;};this.constr=P__group;this.add=addItems;this.getItem=getItem;this.launch=launch;this.test=test;this.pre=pre;};P__group.prototype=new P__ruleSet();function P__group_i(o,a){P__ruleSet_i(o,a);o.items=[];o.chances=[];};function P_group(){this.constr=P_group;P__group_i(this,argToArr(arguments));};P_group.prototype=new P__group();function P__seq(){function addItems(children){this.items=this.items.concat(children);};function launch(){if(this.par.meta._test()&&this._test()&&this.items.length){var i=0;var theItem;while(i<this.items.length&&!(theItem=this.par[this.items[i]].launch()))i++;if(theItem){this.update();this.par.meta.update();theItem.pop((this.name=="unload"&&G_.nav4));return true;}};return false;};function pre(time){if(!this.par.meta._test()||!this._test()||!this.items.length)return false;var i=0;while(i<this.items.length&&!this.par[this.items[i]].pre(time))i++;return(i<this.items.length);};this.constr=P__seq;this.add=addItems;this.launch=launch;this.pre=pre;};P__seq.prototype=new P__ruleSet();function P__seq_i(o,a){P__ruleSet_i(o,a);o.items=[];};function P_seq(){this.constr=P_seq;P__seq_i(this,argToArr(arguments));};P_seq.prototype=new P__seq();function P__(){function addPop(source,width,height,image,pLeft,pTop,winOpts,name,rules,cycle,start,impression){this[name]=new P_popup(source,width,height,image,pLeft,pTop,winOpts,name,rules,cycle,start,impression,this);};function addGrp(name,rules,cycle,start,impression){this[name]=new P_group(name,rules,cycle,start,impression,this);};function addSeq(name,rules,cycle,start,impression){this[name]=new P_seq(name,rules,cycle,start,impression,this);};function add(name,children){this[name].add(children);};if(!G_._c)P_getCookie();this._p=addPop;this._g=addGrp;this._s=addSeq;this._add=add;this._updated=[];this.meta=new P__meta("meta","",0,0,-1,this);this._s("load");this._s("unload");this.meta.rules='';this.meta.cycle=0;this.meta.start=0;this.meta.impression=-1;this._p("http://www.time.com/time/interstitials/inter_aolxp.html",300,250,"",50,50,"","inter_aolxp",'P_detect("AOL")',0,0,-1);this._p("http://www.time.com/time/interstitials/td_popprem_pi.html",387,450,"",50,50,"status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes","td_popprem_pi",'!P_detect("AOL")',0,0,-1);this._p("http://www.time.com/time/interstitials/inter_cmtimeholpop.html",336,280,"",50,50,"","cmtimeholpop",'',0,0,-1);this._g("first_seq",'',72,0,-1);this._g("2nd_postition",'',48,0,-1);this._add("first_seq",["inter_aolxp",1,"td_popprem_pi",1]);this._add("2nd_postition",["cmtimeholpop",1]);this._add("unload",["first_seq","2nd_postition"]);this.load.rules='';this.load.cycle=0;this.load.start=0;this.load.impression=-1;this.unload.rules='!P_destIs("cnn.com","pathfinder.com","timeinc.net","time.com","secure.customersvc.com","ads.web.aol.com")';this.unload.cycle=1;this.unload.start=0;this.unload.impression=-1;};G_._t="TD";G_.ignoreFrames=true;function P_destIs(){for(var i=0;i<arguments.length;i++)if(G_.dest.toLowerCase().indexOf(arguments[i].toLowerCase())>-1)return true;return false;};function P_detect(msk){if(G_.nav)return 0;var m=new Object();m.AOLbasic=1;m.AOLtv=64;m.AOLatSchool=512;m.CSbasic=2;m.CSgateway=4;m.AOL=m.AOLbasic|m.AOLtv;m.CS=m.CSbasic|m.CSgateway;m.AOL_CS=m.AOL|m.CS;var c=document.cookie._read([/;\s*/,"="]);var pf_t;for(var i=0;i<c.length;i++)if(unescape(c[i][0])=="PF_TARGET"){pf_t=c[i][1];break;};if(!pf_t||!msk)return null;else return pf_t&m[msk];};function P_getCookie(){var c=document.cookie._read([/;\s*/,"="]);G_._c=[];for(var i=0;i<c.length;i++)if(unescape(c[i][0])=="PopUpCalls"+G_._t&&c[i][1]){G_._c=unescape(c[i][1])._read(["~","|"]);break;};P_cC=setTimeout("P_getCookie();",2000);};
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”