Thread: Saving streaming media?

Question Saving streaming media?

Does anyone know a program I could use to save *.smil -files or RealAudio with the video? I do know the innover's RealAudio Plugin for Winamp and I can save *.ram -files to *.wav with it. (But for some reason the recording always stops a bit after ten..eleven minutes.) If you try to save streaming media the normal way you would save anything (clicking with the right mouse button on the link and selecting to save it) it saves only some kind of a shortcut, eg. a file less than 10kb.

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Hey ZeroOne,
    I use a program called Total Recorder...
    its pretty good...

http://www.highcriteria.com/download/totrec32.exe
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Post Recording what you hear

I just learned a new, too easy way. If you have got SoundBlaster Live! (probably any other quite new SB will do), you'll have the Creative Mixer. It can be launched from the system tray, if you have got the SB-icon there. Therefrom you can make it record "What U Hear", so when you then make any normal program to record, it records the speaker output!

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Just so you know, if you open that 10KB file it has 1 or more address' in it. Note the protocol it use, something like RTSC, along those lines anyway. It will only stream data to whatever app is trying to access it. As far as I know, no browser will download this because it isn't sent as a file like normal with TCP, it just sends UDP packets. Most dowloader programs like Download Accelerator Plus won't get them either. Thanks for the program though Matty, I was looking for one that would do that.