Thread: Hey who tweaked my settings?

Hey who tweaked my settings?

Ok I just want to know what's with my computer. I ran Norton after getting a LiveUpdate and it scanned all of my computers files but no trace of a virus. Could some messed up java code be doing this I took a screen capture of what Yahoo.com looks like so you guys would have a better clue of what's going on. Also I'm getting white streaks across my startmenu icon on the toolbar. I haven't got the usual virus behavior but maybe it is I'm not sure.

I don't see what's so weird from here. Could you either post more, or try out a different monitor? When you talk about white streaks in the start menu, I start thinking about Windows having a bug-snowball, where the bugs cause more bugs cause more bugs...

If you're desperate, try running sfc.exe (System File Checker). It should be in C:\windows\ or c:\windows\system. It can check files for changes and restore old versions from the CD or from the c:\windows\options\cabs\ directory.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

larryjs
    Yes Terr is right...It just looks larger than I like..If something has changed are controlled by the registry settings boot to a command prompt and do a scanreg/restore...choose a date before the modification took place...thats in 98 you can use system restore if you have Milly

Post hmmm...

Isn't there a function in IE that allows you to change the text display/size/color, etc? I think there is, and perhaps either that somehow got screwed with by a bug, or someone else, if someone else uses your comp...
    As far as the white lines...I've never heard of it...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Hey, I am about 90% sure you have a microsoft lazer mouse or at least one with a scroll wheel. Anyhow if it is press ctrl + the scroll wheel (scroll up and down until it looks right). Hope it helps.

Looks to me like........

It just looks like IE is set to display the font LARGE....