Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on the mentality of some users...

Hmmm... interesting to see that it never stays behind. Now I'm sorta new to this whole forum here (you can all probably tell) but I have been around with mailing lists (you know the old fashioned majordomo style...) and have seen these things come and go... a hundred million times.

Honestly, I gotta agree with the basic conversation here, however.... from a new onlookers view I tend to base my opinion on what's in the text rather than the point rating on the screen. Hopefully that should give you guys some sorta positive reinforcement... I've read interesting and usefull posts from most every name above me here and hope you all agree...

some people are best ignored.

eh... oh well... keep posting regardless!!! the reading is well timed, and usefull

JRC

in answer to the previos posts i would have to agree.when i was at high school(2 yrs ago) i wasn't the stereotyped definition of a "geek"(actually i was pretty well off). there was those groups that ruined everyones lives.i remember this girl in my class had just lost her dad last week and these "oh high and mighty" continued with the torment.

though i am against violence i am proud to say that last week,when i found out the same group was up to their old ways i marched up and bashed the **** out of one of the girls.......must admit it was great.........i seriously believe that they get their own **** back(one way or another)

look, these loose screws are nothing to bother yourself about,especially at school-because soon enough you'll be in the real world and if they are anything like the kids at my school they will not be prepared like you will.

so the happy end to my story is that i got insight onto the girl i hit and it turns out that she's lost her dead end job and her high school sweetie left her.oh...boo...hoo
    its a good night for me the moons great and im outside on my laptop blabbering away to you all............................till next time..............

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    lostit44: thanks, appreciate the compliment. I don't know why it seems some have to be bent on "doing the wrong things" just because they can. Having moved out of the house at 20 and having been on my own for 6 years now, I've seen quite a bit of what the "real real world" has to offer and I can assure you that these kids that live in a plastic bubble with everything given to them and no discipline ever being warranted, well, they're going to find out (as I've seen) what happens when you go into life with *that* mentality. As for your daughter, I hope she holds out strong because God alone knows it's fairly easy to corrupt and peer pressure (like idiots on here posting stupid sh*t) will never go away. What's even more interesting is the whole "let's be friends forever" all the way up to graduation. Then what? I haven't talked to a single person I graduated with in over 2 years and it's not due to my lack of trying. I've got three email addresses (all real, no freemail), a cell phone, a home phone, work phone, and freaking call collect if you have to...but no, communication, the most important thing I believe, is generally broken. Next time I see these people will be at the 10 year reunion (2004). I can't wait for the fake "Oh I haven't talked to you in *such* a long time". Stop wasting my time and don't even pretend you even care about what I do, think, say, or anything else...

&stop_ranting(now);

ordeliaoser: that's some funny sh*t! And you're right, it does come back around eventually. Everything does. Let someone out in traffic and watch them immediately let someone else in. It's infectious, whether it's good or bad. I try to do as much good as I can (last night at Best Buy, I offered a total stranger to take his 25" TV to his house with him riding with me and his mom following because there was NO way it was fitting in his Acura, hehe) because eventually, I might need some help somewhere and hopefully someone will think like I do and help me. But it's good that the girl got her 'just desserts'. People need an @$$ kicking every now and then. Keeps everyone on track.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.