Thread: Defcon. 2002.

Banned

Exclamation Defcon. 2002.

Hey,

Who's going to Defcon? Also does anyone know of any Con's in TX. Also just post some thoughts about DefCon here.

The last one I went to had a crap load of security and was well worth it. There was also Cops and other looking police people out there. But it was cool. I got a crap load of cracked software for like 10 bucks and it was very fun.

I think I'm going there for sure if I can get a ride there from Chicago. I'll have to bump a ride with a friend of mine so I'm looking forward to it.
    Knowledge is Power.

I don't know much about defcon so can you post some more info? Like how much it cost to get in there (if there is a fee) etc etc.
    And if there are any other events like this around the world? (i.e other hacker conferences?)
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

oblio
    make sure to mention that you are a regular at Antionline when you get to the registration table. Then you can sit outside in the parking lot with caroline meinel and maybe get your faced beaten in.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

SANS

I think I might be going to SANS 2002. Probably a lot more worth while, although DEFCON isn't bad, I won't be attending.

Taken from Defcon.org...

PhreakNIC v5.0-
    November 2-4, 2001, and is Nashville's FREE annual hacker con, sponsored by the hacker group se2600.

Bincon-
    March 22nd-24th, 2002 at the Alexis Park in Las Vegas.

Rubi-con-
    April 5th-7th, 2002 at the Romulus Marriot in Romulus, Michigan.

I'm sure there alot more conventions around...just do a search on google.com. Also you can attend a 2600 meeting once a month if you have one near you.
    Knowledge is Power.

Unhappy hrmmm

I think I'd rather watch paint dry. Last time I went to a convention (well it was more of a gathering in my local area than a convention but the same people were there that go to the larger ones) I was detained for punching someone I didn't like. Lukily no charges were filed, but that's cause my friend who was there told the guy he'd shatter his knees. So I don't go to those things.