Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI comfirms project "Magic Lantern"

Cool FBI comfirms project "Magic Lantern"

In San Francisco California, an FBI spokes person confirmed on Wednesday that they are working on a trojan horse called "Magic Lantern"

"It is a workbench project" that has not yet been deployed, said FBI spokesman Paul Bresson. "We can't discuss it because it's under development."
    A program that can log keystrokes of suspected criminals. Though FBI says that they would require a court order to proceed to using the program.

Major antivirus vendors this week said they would not voluntarily cooperate with the FBI and said their products would continue to be updated to detect and prevent viruses, regardless of their origin, unless there was a legal order otherwise.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

credit

I think zdnet released this story earlier. I posted a link to in in the irc chat room. I never took the time to post it here, and now I don't know what it was.

Since you put the quote in there, it would be nice if you would also reveal where you got the quote. That way we can read the rest of the article.

Just a thought, as things can be taken out of context.

Are they going to use it like carnavoir and use it
    without a court order?? if so i give them the birdie

Cool

hmm well "they" said that they will need a court order to use it.. but i think they'll just get a way with it w/o court order..any abused official can use it for personal use.. or a cracker can get hold of the source code and make his/her own version of Magic Lantern.

Talking Paranoia

I can picture it now 2 FBI agents sitting around a terminal trying to get some suspected terrorisst to open this attachment. Puff Puff uh yeah I'm a 18 year old hehehe here's my pic hehehe. Puff Puff <turns to his partner> Man who did I piss off to get assigned to this.

hahah
    rofl
    But if you were a terrorist, would you really be chatting in mirc or getting to know people through the net? And would you really be stupid enough to accept attachments?
    haha
    just a thought...
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

well

I never said that the government and the people they chase are of a high intelligence caliber. I mean if they have a search warent, the person at the house is going to know.

Cool

Carnivore will be working in conjunction w/ magic lantern...at least thats what I gathered from cultdeadcow.com

That there is real deal Holyfield

Cool

yeah that would deffinately be the case if the Anti-Terrorism Act would get approved...

Cool

haha oh yeah.. for those who are asking about my source..

i got my news from a little bird..

yep.. you heard right.. a little bird came to me and sang me a song..

hehehe