Thread: What im learning

Question What im learning

Hi all! I have been downloading a lot of tutorials and info on security and hacking. I have decided to learn the HTTP Protocol and HTML first. Then move on to networking, TCP/IP and such. Is this the right path ?? What do you guys suggest?

Thanks

P.S Im really commited to learn the right way. One Step at a time

Good idea. Well, there are Http status codes. HTTP is essentially unencrypted, you get the plain text of .htm(l) files off the net, and your browser looks at the instructions within the HTML file and shows everything on the screen as best it can. I think TCP/IP is a bit more important as a basis for security knowledge, and your local library will probably have some book on TCP/IP within the lower sub-100 dewey-decimal system range. It's next to the occult books, for some reason.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

great idea to start with those two. You should have a good sense of the direction you want to go in after learning them.

Do you have ant thoughts on the matter now?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Question

What do u mean:
    Do you have ant thoughts on the matter now?

i agree with Terr. i've done some networking myself and i think it would be better if you try to understand network protocls, both transport and authentication protocols. it will give you leverage to continue.
    Bobby J.A.