Yeah my mom gave me her labtop today and tlold me to fix the dang thing. I thought No problem, just boot up in Safe Mode. Well After trying every setting that Windows XP allows me to do it still won't boot up.

It basically turns on I get the stupid Windows XP logo with the white squares telling me it's going to load Windows in 10 secondes or somthing. But then I get a black screen telling me windows has a hardware or software problem it gives me options like boot up in Safe Mode, SafeMode with C:\, Safemode with networking and anyway I do those first and nothing works so out of curiousity I try All the options it gives me. All of them take me to a Screen where it decides to scan the drives, so I figure that's ok and once it finishes. I get the blue screen of death telling my it needs to restart. That's all it's doing one big loop over and over againg

System settings
Ok it's Running Windows XP pro and it's got about 5gb of hard drive space.There is a Cd=drive but no floopy drive. Well I asked if she has downloaded any new software or e-mail attachments, anything at all she said no. So now I"m thinking since it's not software it's hardware. I don't know maybe the hard drive got destroyed or somthing.

Help Please!
I will keep udated on this one.