Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AntiSlow?

AntiSlow?

Hey guys,

Have you noticed that AO has been really slow lately? Most of the time when I try to read the threads I have to wait awhile for the pages to load, sometimes it times out. I am pretty sure it's not my connection, I have tried accessing AO at school too, same thing happens. Is the server being overloaded or something?

-balefire

Hi mom!
    Same here, started about 2 weeks back I guess...

Well its been happening to me a lot longer than two weeks (since I started coming here) but the speed is bearable for me (/me loves his cable).. however, the page timeouts or whatever they are are just annoying...I've had to reload pages countless times as the page doesn't come up with more than just white.. Its not fair..
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Yeah I used to have that problem but not anymore. A good tip if you can't get in to AO is to a search and use the search engine link that usually works. Thats what I used to do but it probably makes no sense.

It's just as slow as always for me, but I can turn off the images on my Opera browser to speed it up.

And my connection is going 13k slower than usual so that might be contributing.
    Why am I still here?

AO does seem to be really slow. It has been slow for me ever since the redesign, but it does seem a bit worse in the last week or so.

Is AO hosted by the same people that host the CERT site at CMU?? I know they were being pestered by a DOS last week, maybe that is part of the issue?

IchNiSan

same. when the pages load they are blank.

for the past week or longer i've had to hit refresh [sometimes a couple of times] on almost every page [other than the homepage]

AntiOnline Senior Member
    AO has been slow and normal speed these past few weeks... For a while, one day, it was completely down. Recently though, (the last few days) it has been doing ok.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Once again blank pages....At work on a T1 with IE on NT I get blanck pages but at home with dial-up and Netscape 6.2 no problem....Is it the browser??? Or AO??
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

As strange as it sounds I haven`t been having much problem the pages load fairly quick and only on rare day do I have to refresh a page and I`m on a dial modem. It could also be that when I come on line most of the world is going to bed or are just getting up. Could it be that your servers are causing the problem. Just before mine was bought out by a larger company it was very slow but now its fairly quick and sites that wouldn`t come up before are now coming up. Just a thought.
    No good deed goes unpunished.