Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lol Read This

Lol Read This

lol... ok my computer sci teacher told me today when we were talking about viruses that this guy emailed a bunch of people telling them they had a virus ( he named a necessary windows registry file ) and told the people to delete it immediatly....lol
    i am the needle in your vein
    i am the high you can\'t sustain
    i am the pusher, i\'m a whore
    i am the need in you for more
    i am the bullet in the gun ( and i control you)
    i am the truth from which you run ( and i control you )
    i am a silencing machine ( and i control you )
    i am the end of all your dreams ( and i control you )

JÄ(\\/)鎲 ¼

Isn't it great to know more about computers than others? The funniest part would be if this email worked and people messed up their registry and actually believed that they had a virus all along.
    Life is just a series of decisions, each one can alter your future and you can possibly end your life at any moment. Do you really want to be under the care of the Microsoft Support Center?!?!

see.. thats the thing... they did

JÄ(\\/)鎲 ¼

are you talking about sulfnbk.exe?????

he never said.. i could ask him tho

JÄ(\\/)鎲 ¼

Hi mom!
    sulfnbk.exe... grmbl... I'm working at a helpdesk, that #$%@)$# hoax takes way to much of my valuable (?) time... I say lets reinstate medival punishment for the idiots that make those up...

Originally posted by Guus
    sulfnbk.exe... grmbl... I'm working at a helpdesk, that #$%@)$# hoax takes way to much of my valuable (?) time... I say lets reinstate medival punishment for the idiots that make those up...
    or we could just educate ppl so they wouldn't be tricked so easily...
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Hehe, you give a go at teaching my father zion1459, I gave up on him two years ago when he tried out a new command he found in Dos (deltree)
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Hi mom!
    educate people, hehehe oh, please, Zion, stop, your killing me!

Let me tell you a little story...

Yesterday, one of my collegues wanted to work on a server we've set up as a testingground to prepare for the new currency that's going to be introduced here next year. Because the room where that server is, is locked, he asked me to open the door for him. I did so, and left him at the computer.

When I got back to my floor, I didn't even have time to sit down - the telephone rang: "Hey, could you come back up? I'm having trouble with this computer." I went up again, walked into the room, pulled the keyboard from under the desk and switched on the monitor, and askes "What's the problem?" "Oh, no, thanks, I can manage from here," he replied.

When I got down again, the phone rang - same guy: "I'm sorry to bother you again, but there's another thing.." I went up again, saw him sitting behind the computer running on MS-Dos. "What's the problem?" "Well, when I started the computer, a user automatically logged in to the system. My manual instructs me to log this user off using the command "logout" Now, I have to login under another name, but the manual doesn't say how to do that.

I took an educated guess, and typed: login

Sure enough, Novell started and prompted for a username. "Does your manual say which username and password to use?" "Yes, that's right here."

... Now do you know why I don't bother start educating people?

Guus: yea I understand...
    but I have a story too. I taught my grandfather at the age of 68 to use a computer. He now knows Word, Excel, and how to use all basic Windows functions. When he started all he had was interest and now he's an average Internet user (except a bit older, hehe)... he's clueless about security but I guess most netusers r...
    but still... u're right... most of the time it's not worth the effort.
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds