Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X is out!!!!

Talking Final Fantasy X is out!!!!

This is not a subject that is totally unrelated to computers, but FFX has been released. This being my favorite video game series, I am excited. Ive been down to the 24 hour wal-mart only to find that they couldnt find it. Oh well I'll get it later. If anyone has played this game please tell me if it is any good. Final Fantasy IX was my favorite in the series followed by FFVII, which was the reason I bought a Playstation and 75 hours of video game madness.

Read the review at http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/14008.html
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

I´ve been re-playing 7 and now 8 (gonna go for 9 too) The problem is that I don´t have money for a PS2 yet. Lucky you ThePreacher.
    *whine* I want PS2, gimme gimme GIMME!
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

i have had the opportunity to play a demo mof X which was actually part of the story. it was pretty god. similar to 8 in some respects.... but not completely. the coolest part is that the bg's are dynamic, so they move with you, instead of fixed.... at least some of them are... but the graphix on it are the best i have ever seen

re: lord_darkside_x

How do you mean it´s similar to 8? In my opinion that´s the crappy one of the FF7-9. Dun wanna go and buy a PS2 just to find out it´s not a good game. (Yes, I bought my PS just to play FF7)
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Understandable...
    FF7 was great... I stole my friends playstation just to play it through... and then I tried to steal it again, so I could play FF8.. but someone else beat me to the stealing part...

Still waiting to finish FF8...

Stoopid playstations costing money!!
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Talking Can a fantasy really be final 10 times?

THE best final fantasy has to be 6. It was the last game released on the super nintendo, and it was beautiful. The story rocked. The magic system was the best I've seen. You'd have to be hard pressed to not get emotionally attached to the charecters.

Final Fantasy 7 was pretty good also. The story was interesting, and still holds the shared title of coolest boss with Xenogears.

FF8 and 9 were a mockery of all that is Final Fantasy. 8 was a good game, I loved it, but it didn't fit into the FF series. There isn't even an equip menu. FF9 looked rushed and sloppy. It was fun, but it had the story of every other fantasy game ever.

FFX looks promising, although I'm afraid the new level system won't work as well as the old. It's an interesting idea, but why fix what isn't broken? Oh well. Guess I'll just have to play to find out.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

played 7 and not yet ended 8
    I could have finished 8, but I went back out of that witches house to get all of the GF's
    can someone plz give me a tip to beat that monster at the bottom of that research centre in the left bottom corner.
    their you first fight bamehut and then I go down to fight and get I lost her name, but the monster I have to fight is much too strong for me (level all 3 fighters at 99) and I can't run
    8 is definately my favorite, perfect combi of mind, romance, humour etc..

gonna borrow 9 in a few weeks, hope its gonna be fun
    GOD invented evolution \'cause he couldn\'t do it all by himself.

Red face

In my humble opinion Final Fantasy Tactics is the best one yet. I think I understand what he means when he says similar to FF8. Not the goofy distorted graphics, which I have no problem with. I just hope they get a better story and better gameplay than FF8. 9 was good but I didn't like the story to much.

There's always one...

Sorry to spoil the fun...but I just had to post here...

To tell you the truth I honestly don't like Final Fantasy...I've never been pressed about it...not even bothered to know the story line. I played it for five minutes then threw it away shouting: "Peice of Crap" as it flew into the trash can. My friends love it...I don't know...the essence of fighting in turns never really was a turn on for me. I think it should be Final Fantasy...then when there's a fight scene...a quick change to Street Fighter or something. LoL.

But the graphics...whoa...I'll give Final Fantasy credit for that one. The graphics of some of their games is ubeleivable. I've seen them for FFX...and I have to admit ...it's breath taking.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Cool

I respect your opinion, not liking ff but you said that you played it for 5 min, well thats where you went wrong
    you should play for an hour or so, then you can really give an opinion.. ff seems boring in the beginning, but gets great when you are really in the game
    GOD invented evolution \'cause he couldn\'t do it all by himself.