Thread: Anonymous Net Send?

Question Anonymous Net Send?

Is there any way, on a Win2000 box (set up on a LAN) to simply anonymously send a message to another NT or 2K box?

Seems that I could spoof machine name or something, but don't want to get fired out of the deal...

Any thoughts?

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    While you can do 'net send <name of machine> message'
    from the command line, that'll show where you came from. Maybe if you have a zero-length netbios name (can you do that?) it'll show up as "From : to <machine>: message". I dunno. Windows is not my specialty and I already dislike trying to fix dumbass problems it causes or are caused by others.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Unfortunately the Machine name won't accept length zero, or a null character. I thought I could use an ascii null (won't work).

I can make it function on a 95 box, but then it sends logged on username instead. Of course all that requires is a spoofed username. NT workstation and 2K don't allow it, unfortunately.

Gotta love an all NT network... I keep pushing to use a LINUX or Solaris box, but no go.

Thanks.