Thread: Help

Banned

Question Help

OK This is probably a stupid question, but ill ask anyway. Is there any way to decompile Windows ? And one mroe question,... any guesses about what language Windows is written in ? My guess is Visual Basic.

I think most of Windows core functionality (kernel, gdi, etc) is written in C. Some of the fluff is written in VB.

If you got the time you can decompile everything -not sure how long it would take to decompile windows you might want to visit:
    http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~csmweb/decompilation/

Cheers,

-D

Do you mean by "decompiling windows" revealing the source code?
    I could be corrected but I dunna think you can do it.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Off course there is a way to do that (in theory) but keep in mind that nobody at M$ still can figure out all of the code. No one at M$ can overview the whole system. So do you think you are able to manage that? Or are you looking for some tricks to alter Windows?

I knew there were some progs out there for Win3.11 to do such a thing for you. So you could play with your M$ Windows 3.11 as many as you liked.

We had some prog to do that but I think it's lost...and I don't remember the name of it.

Banned
    Yeah im just trying to add some features that I think would help me with my Windows

Banned
    Oh and what do you mean 'No one knoews all the source' Im just curious